• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Martin Crowe has cancer relapse

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Good mate of mine was diagnosed with terminal cancer whilst in his 30s and opted against chemo etc due to the negative prognosis (90% die anyway) and impact upon quality of life whilst being treated

He did the research, self-medicated with a complete change of lifestyle and beat it (Live Raw Superfood Health Nutrition & Information - LIVE Raw Health INFO)

Also, his belief is that you have basically no chance without the correct mental attitude and that is almost impossible to maintain whilst your body is being pumped full of poisons such as chemo
Yes, I've heard a few anecdotes like this now & yes the power of a positive mind-set is really staring to gain creditability in medical/scientific circles.

Flem274*

123/5
Raw food is a crock of ****, and that's what you'll hear in medical and scientific circles too.

If Crowe refuses chemo then barring him being the one in a million he is going to die. Natural remedies, raw food or whatever other crap are not going to save him or anyone.

I hope I don't sound like I'm criticising him for refusing chemo because from the sounds of it even with chemo his prognosis would be bleak and if he doesn't want to go through the hell that is chemo then we have to respect his decision. It's his body and his life, and I have no right to tell him what to do.

Last edited:

vandem

International 12th Man
Excellent interview with doctor / author on NatRad recently covered chemo and other mortality issues, mentioned that 2nd and 3rd rounds of chemo have steeply diminishing chances of success. Key theme was that it is better spending the last part of your life doing the things that are important to you (family? travel? watching cricket?), rather than another round of chemo which is hell to go through and has limited chance of success.

Atul Gawande: being mortal | Saturday Morning, 9:05 am on 22 November 2014 | Radio New Zealand

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Raw food is a crock of ****, and that's what you'll hear in medical and scientific circles too.

If Crowe refuses chemo then barring him being the one in a million he is going to die. Natural remedies, raw food or whatever other crap are not going to save him or anyone.

I hope I don't sound like I'm criticising him for refusing chemo because from the sounds of it even with chemo his prognosis would be bleak and if he doesn't want to go through the hell that is chemo then we have to respect his decision. It's his body and his life, and I have no right to tell him what to do.
All I can tell you is what saved my friend

I have no idea whether it was simply blind luck or whatever, but I can tell you that the medical fraternity does not have all the answers when it comes to the big C

In fact, they have **** all answers

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
All I can tell you is what saved my friend

I have no idea whether it was simply blind luck or whatever, but I can tell you that the medical fraternity does not have all the answers when it comes to the big C

In fact, they have **** all answers
I don't want to get into a medicine debate in Crowe's best wishes thread, so my last comment is this - **** all answers is better and more ethical than wrong ones.

Martin, Mr Crowe, whatever you like being called (Marty Dog?), if you still read CricketWeb after your explosion at Zinzan and see our posts, good luck and enjoy life, whether it's 30 more minutes or hopefully 30 more years.

Athlai

Not Terrible
And we also forgive you if you think phlegm is a ****. 30 minutes? Marty dog? We may need to instigate a dislike button solely for that post.

fredfertang

John Edrich was told in 2000 he had about seven years if he was lucky, leukaemia - five years later he started on a treatment based on mistletoe extract and is still with us

social

I don't want to get into a medicine debate in Crowe's best wishes thread, so my last comment is this - **** all answers is better and more ethical than wrong ones.

Martin, Mr Crowe, whatever you like being called (Marty Dog?), if you still read CricketWeb after your explosion at Zinzan and see our posts, good luck and enjoy life, whether it's 30 more minutes or hopefully 30 more years.
You're acting as if there are absolute rights and wrongs with regards to the treatment of certain types of cancer

That's a crock (and the stats prove it btw) so if Martin or anyone else wants to try and defy the odds by adopting alternate methods, then more power to them

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
beautiful letter. Almost bought a tear to my eye thinking that I had seen that dashing Crowe almost take NZ to world cup glory in 1992