• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Martin Crowe has cancer relapse

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know of someone who has what Crowe has and he swears by a diet consisting of copious amounts of blitzed kale and broccoli - smells and tastes disgusting but he's still going strong three years after the medics said there was no point in giving him any further treatment

uvelocity

International Coach
i dont think you can comment on someones attitude to chemo unless you've tried it - i haven't but i've seen how horrible it is

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I've spoken to a couple of doctors about this and they both say the same thing. Chemo can be pretty rough, but it pales in comparison to the agonies of death by cancer.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So so gutted to read this. Hadn't realised this latest diagnosis was so bleak. I knew enough about general lymphoma to hope and think his chances of beating it/holding it out was very good.

My first real hero, and not just cricketing hero either. :(

jcas0167

International Debutant
Really sad news. One of my main cricketing heroes growing up, along with Viv Richards & Richard Hadlee. I went along last year to hear him speak about his book 'Raw', when he was in Wellington and he seemed to be in the clear. I've always enjoyed reading or hearing his thoughtful (and opinionated) views on the game. I hope his health permits him to enjoy this World Cup. He's been a huge figure in cricket, on and off the field.

fredfertang

One record he will hold in perpetuity is that of being the greatest cricketer ever to have posted on CW even if, as I suspect is now the case, he is not quite the only Test player to have done so

BeeGee

International Captain
One record he will hold in perpetuity is that of being the greatest cricketer ever to have posted on CW even if, as I suspect is now the case, he is not quite the only Test player to have done so
Well, JimmyGS is a test player who posted on here. Although he hasn't posted since becoming a test player.

BeeGee

International Captain
That's the bloke - and hasn't that McLenaghan bloke posted as well - he must be pretty close to a Test cap
Hell no! :laugh: If he ever plays test cricket then NZ are in big trouble.

He only posted here to tear Flem a new one. That's a pretty standard reason for kiwis to start posting here, tbh.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

Zinzan

Really is incredibly sad.

Actually thought he looked surprisingly good & healthy in that short video, then again I suppose that's a function of not opting for chemo or radiation treatment.

Let's just hope he might be one of the few who somehow have an unlikely recovery from such an incredibly bleak prognosis.

There are some fairly unsubstantiated theories about regimented organic diets, enemas, exercise & meditation helping in rare cases, and if there's anyone I'd give an outside chance of an unlikely 'against the odds' recovery it'd be M D Crowe.

_Ed_

Can only pray that like Jock Hobbs at the Rugby World Cup, he gets to see us be successful before the horrible inevitability happens.
Yeah, Jock popped straight into my mind too when I read this today.

social

Really is incredibly sad.

Actually thought he looked surprisingly good & healthy in that short video, then again I suppose that's a function of not opting for chemo or radiation treatment.

Let's just hope he might be one of the few who somehow have an unlikely recovery from such an incredibly bleak prognosis.

There are some fairly unsubstantiated theories about regimented organic diets, enemas, exercise & meditation helping in rare cases, and if there's anyone I'd give an outside chance of an unlikely 'against the odds' recovery it'd be M D Crowe.
Good mate of mine was diagnosed with terminal cancer whilst in his 30s and opted against chemo etc due to the negative prognosis (90% die anyway) and impact upon quality of life whilst being treated

He did the research, self-medicated with a complete change of lifestyle and beat it (Live Raw Superfood Health Nutrition & Information - LIVE Raw Health INFO)

Also, his belief is that you have basically no chance without the correct mental attitude and that is almost impossible to maintain whilst your body is being pumped full of poisons such as chemo