• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The stealers draft, expeditious and unethical.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Ok. I like a draft. In this draft, we're gonna get a bit unethical.

What'll happen is we'll run the draft so it rolls: everyone moves down the order one place each round, and the last becomes the first (hey Jesus...)

ANY player in cricket history can be selected. Teams will be judged as test teams.

Where it will (hopefully) become interesting is during the last selection of each round. That's where the "stealer" comes in to play. The stealer has the last selection of each round. The stealer can steal any player selected by another participant for that particular round. The stealer doesn't have to steal a player, he can make a unique selection of he chooses. If the stealer steals, the player he stole from then gets 8 hrs to pick a replacement for that round. If the stealer doesn't steal, we move to the next round.

To keep things ticking over, 8 hours is the time between picks.

Due to the nature of the draft, we can only have 11 or 12 players (to make it reasonably fair, everyone needs a chance to steal)..

I'll either participate or just run it, depending on interest.

I won't start until Bagapath's draft is finished.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Ok. I like a draft. In this draft, we're gonna get a bit unethical.

What'll happen is we'll run the draft so it rolls: everyone moves down the order one place each round, and the last becomes the first (hey Jesus...)

ANY player in cricket history can be selected. Teams will be judged as test teams.

Where it will (hopefully) become interesting is during the last selection of each round. That's where the "stealer" comes in to play. The stealer has the last selection of each round. The stealer can steal any player selected by another participant for that particular round. The stealer doesn't have to steal a player, he can make a unique selection of he chooses. If the stealer steals, the player he stole from then gets 8 hrs to pick a replacement for that round. If the stealer doesn't steal, we move to the next round.

To keep things ticking over, 8 hours is the time between picks.

Due to the nature of the draft, we can only have 11 or 12 players (to make it reasonably fair, everyone needs a chance to steal)..

I'll either participate or just run it, depending on interest.

I won't start until Bagapath's draft is finished.

Wouldn't it be more challenging and fun that if the person going last does elects to steal, that he doesn't get the first pick in the next round but rather gets put to the last position in that round, but it's the person who would have been last (now second last) who gets the opportunity to steal that round.

And yes Monk, you should participate.

Last edited:

Red

Wouldn't it be more challenging and fun that if the person going last does elects to steal, that he doesn't get the first pick in the next round but rather gets put to the last position in that round, but it's the person who would have been last (now second last) who gets the opportunity to steal that round.
Yep, I like that man. It makes stealing someone good in the first rounds a bit more of a punishment.

Good idea.

watson

Banned
I think that we should encourage stealing otherwise it's just like a bulk standard draft.

Double-pick with a steal is awesome.

Red

That's true, and once again it's Bradman who makes things difficult.

Perhaps we're just gonna say that the person who does pick last in R1 gets Bradman as a matter of course.

I think the stealing format makes it all interesting apart from Bradman.

So do we just say no Bradman? Or punish whoever takes Bradman?

watson

Banned
....therefore, if you are worried about the stealer gaining an unfair advantage by getting Bradman at the end of the first round then he will need to be banned unfortunately.

Also, now that i think about it - why not allow a 'Double Steal' since the person going last has a 'Double Pick'. Let chaos rule!

Last edited:

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
Now that you put it like that watson, how about remove the rule that only the last person in the round can steal, just say all drafters can steal at absolutely any time they want, except that they get a limited amount of steals in the whole draft (say 3).