• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The stealers draft, expeditious and unethical.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Bradman was anyway a myth, not a real cricketer. I mean look at his batting average. So best to keep him out.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Ok. We've got 11 participants, which works perfectly for this.

Participants (not R1 order):

- ohno
- camo999
- watson
- AldoRaine
- Saint Kopite
- kyear2
- morgieb
- cabinet
- ankitj
- Pothas
- KingKallis

I've revised the rules ever so slightly, as follows:

- The last participant of each round can choose to steal a player from someone else in that particular round.
- The punishment for a "steal" is to automatically go to second last place in the next round.
- If Bradman is chosen, or stolen, the punishment is to forfeit your selections for the following two (2) entire rounds (with the two players selected at the completion of R11)

Red

Round 1

- ankitj
- ohno
- morgieb
- Saint Kopite
- camo999
- kyear2
- Pothas
- cabinet
- AldoRaine
- KingKallis
- watson (the stealer)

Round 2

- watson (unless he steals in R1, in which case he goes down to second last place)
- ankitj
- ohno
- morgieb
- Saint Kopite
- camo999
- kyear2
- Pothas
- cabinet
- AldoRaine
- KingKallis (the stealer)

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
So technically the last person will be last and 2nd last in respective rounds cause he surely will steal a good one. ;)

watson

Banned
Just thinking out loud - it's a 'descending ladder' so that means I'll be in 2nd place for Round 3. This will give me 2 picks fairly close together during Rounds 2 and 3 if I steal. I don't mind that, and seems on a par with the double-pick at the end of Round 1. Depends on which players get selected, but I might steal anyway just because I can. Look out!

Edit: Rounds 5 or 6 would be good rounds to be the stealer because that's about the time the Gold Tier ATGs begin to run-out

Last edited:

Red

Yeh, it's a bit of a trial this. If it goes to **** and people get upset, blame the participants, not the **** running it!

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hey, Monk, I know you have had some grief on this already. But why don't you introduce some clauses in here as well. Makes it more fun I think than just selecting the ATGs. Cheers.

Red

Hey, Monk, I know you have had some grief on this already. But why don't you introduce some clauses in here as well. Makes it more fun I think than just selecting the ATGs. Cheers.
I'll leave it open, keen to watch the stealing strategy.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Imran Khan.

Sorry guys, crazy day at work. I don't know what am I doing even now on CW.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
- If Bradman is chosen, or stolen, the punishment is to forfeit your selections for the following two (2) entire rounds (with the two players selected at the completion of R11)
I'd take part if you mentioned this earlier. :(