• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The stealers draft, expeditious and unethical.

watson

Banned
Now that you put it like that watson, how about remove the rule that only the last person in the round can steal, just say all drafters can steal at absolutely any time they want, except that they get a limited amount of steals in the whole draft (say 3).
'First steel, first served' is not a bad idea.

Apologies Monk for highjacking your Draft.

watson

Banned
There is the issue of when does the person replace their player when it is stolen - straight away or at the end of the round? Then if there are 2 or more steals in a single round it will get messy as the people replacing players will have to pick in order thus slowing the draft down.

Should have kept quiet and gone with the original Monk concept, but with no Bradman.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Gonna go with my original idea that everyone gets one steal for the draft. But no Bradman.

It's a bit of a shame to not have Bradman, but I think it actually makes round 1 more interesting tactically without him, regarding who the stealer will steal.

And the more I think if it, the more I like the idea of punishing the stealer, we'll make him automatically drop to second last of the following round if he chooses to steal a player. Just more interesting tactically.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think a better and more effective punishment would be that the swear word filter gets turned off in the thread and that everyone gets to say something uncouth to the stealer.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
I think a better and more effective punishment would be that the swear word filter gets turned off in the thread and that everyone gets to say something uncouth to the stealer.
CWers are very good at inferring swear words from context. So this is not a good idea, ****

Red

So.... far I have

ohno
cammo999
watson
aldo
SaintKopite
kyear
morgieb
ankitj
cabinet

that's nine, need at least two more, or a maximum of three more.

Red

Revised rules

- Last person to pick in each round can steal a player from that particular round if they choose to. - (The stealer can only steal from the current round)
- If a player is chosen, the stealer's punishment is to drop to the second last choice in the next round (and they'll resume their position in the order for the following round).
- No Bradman

(clear as? ha! I know how it works in my head, don't worry)

Riggins

International Captain
Should just make it that Bradman can't be selected straight up by the stealer, but could be stolen.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Gonna go with my original idea that everyone gets one steal for the draft. But no Bradman.

It's a bit of a shame to not have Bradman, but I think it actually makes round 1 more interesting tactically without him, regarding who the stealer will steal.

And the more I think if it, the more I like the idea of punishing the stealer, we'll make him automatically drop to second last of the following round if he chooses to steal a player. Just more interesting tactically.
I fully agree with the concept. Perfect. But please include Bradman. Only real incentive to really steal. Is the Don.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Revised rules

- Last person to pick in each round can steal a player from that particular round if they choose to. - (The stealer can only steal from the current round)
- If a player is chosen, the stealer's punishment is to drop to the second last choice in the next round (and they'll resume their position in the order for the following round).
- Bradman Included

(clear as? ha! I know how it works in my head, don't worry)
Perfect :)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I think player trading will be better than stealing.
...like give me (Sobers + Imran) and I'll give you (Bradman + Mark Waugh).

Trading can be allowed all the time, but it has to be for same number of players (2 players can't be traded for 3, for example).

And following this idea, the person who's at no. 1 in round 1 will get dropped to the last place in ALL subsequent rounds (because of the Bradman advantage).

Oops sorry, I think that's an almost entirely separate draft idea.