• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Meet Up - Barbados May 1-5 2015

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
I am in Trinidad for the next few years but unfortunately England do no play here during there next tour of the West Indies in early 2015. Barbados is less than a 1 hour flight away and I am thinking of going - especially as it is a very popular location for English cricket fans to tour.

Is anyone thinking of coming out to Barbados for the Test? If so, how about a meet-up?

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Very outside chance, friend of mine is going and has invited me along but I don't think I am going to have the funds.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
One day......certainly up there on the dream list but wont be next year sadly.

Goughy, if you want some info on what the Eng fans will be up to, meeting points etc.........you'll find some great info over here

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Went to St Lucia for the World T20 super eights and semi finals in 2010 and it was fantastic. But there's pretty much no chance I can build up the funds to go on my own as an adult.

cpr

International Coach
Considering we didn't even manage a meet up after the Old Trafford test this year (India's fault for being **** tbh), I'm not committing to this.

Though I am wondering Goughy, is there any corner of the world you haven't lived in now?

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Could you tell me how many Barbados Cricketers play for the West Indies team?
Could you tell me anything about Club Cricket in Barbados?

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Right now, Benn, Roach, Edwards, Brathwaite, Holder.

What do you want to know about club cricket.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Could you tell me how many Barbados Cricketers play for the West Indies team?
Could you tell me anything about Club Cricket in Barbados?
This doesn't really have anything to do with meeting up which is what the OP wanted to discuss. You could ask these questions in another thread, or start one about WIs cricket.

Esperance

U19 Cricketer
I disagree, Monk - maybe his decision on going depends on the answers to the questions. For example, maybe he'll only feel like attending the meetup if an X percentage of Barbados Cricketers play for the West Indies team as he'll have a higher chance of meeting them, perhaps. IDK though, just brainstorming here, RN.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Considering we didn't even manage a meet up after the Old Trafford test this year (India's fault for being **** tbh), I'm not committing to this.

Though I am wondering Goughy, is there any corner of the world you haven't lived in now?
To be fair if the Test ended early or rained then being in Barbados for a day of drinking away from the cricket would be fun. I am sure a meet-up would work.

Regarding corners of the World. If we class Trinidad as almost Central/S. America (it is 7 miles off the coast of Venezuela) then I have lived in Europe, U.S., Africa, Caribbean, and two places in Asia for each over a year since joining CW. Really only the Sub-continent and Middle East missing and they may happen. The irony being is that I hate traveling :)

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lucky man. Hope you get the opportunity to come over to India sometime as well. Don't be shocked to discover the dearth of chicken tikka masala :happy:

kingkallis

International Coach
The Indians of CW can plan something like this as well. SAF v India or Australia v India next year can be a thing.

Sorry Goughy for using your thread for this :D will take it elsewhere if these people agrees.