Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Adders
  • 1 Post By Monk
  • 1 Post By harsh.ag

Thread: CW Meet Up - Barbados May 1-5 2015

CW Meet Up - Barbados May 1-5 2015

I am in Trinidad for the next few years but unfortunately England do no play here during there next tour of the West Indies in early 2015. Barbados is less than a 1 hour flight away and I am thinking of going - especially as it is a very popular location for English cricket fans to tour.

Is anyone thinking of coming out to Barbados for the Test? If so, how about a meet-up?
    If I only just posted the above post, please wait 5 mins before replying as there is bound to be edits

West Robham Rabid Wolves Caedere lemma quod eat lemma

Happy Birthday! (easier than using Birthday threads)

Email and MSN- Goughy at cricketmail dot net

Very outside chance, friend of mine is going and has invited me along but I don't think I am going to have the funds.

Cricketer Of The Year Hurricane's Avatar
    All of cw is hoping WW is in.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

One day......certainly up there on the dream list but wont be next year sadly.

Goughy, if you want some info on what the Eng fans will be up to, meeting points etc.........you'll find some great info over here
    Goughy likes this.

Cricketer Of The Year Cabinet96's Avatar
    Went to St Lucia for the World T20 super eights and semi finals in 2010 and it was fantastic. But there's pretty much no chance I can build up the funds to go on my own as an adult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    This English top three are cornflakes. They're not the most exciting thing out but they're pretty effective. Then the middle order are the sugar. Would be too much on their own but added to the cornflakes they add some much needed interest

When KP returns he will be the banana..

cpr
    Considering we didn't even manage a meet up after the Old Trafford test this year (India's fault for being **** tbh), I'm not committing to this.

Though I am wondering Goughy, is there any corner of the world you haven't lived in now?
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

International Vice-Captain kyear2's Avatar
    Well I will be here.

Lots to do here.
    Aus. XI
    Simpson^ | Hayden | Bradman | Chappell^ | Ponting | Border* | Gilchrist+ | Davidson3 | Warne4^ | Lillee1 | McGrath2

W.I. XI
    Greenidge | Hunte | Richards^ | Headley* | Lara^ | Sobers5^ | Walcott+ | Marshall1 | Ambrose2 | Holding3 | Garner4

S.A. XI
    Richards^ | Smith*^ | Amla | Pollock | Kallis5^ | Nourse | Waite+ | Procter3 | Steyn1 | Tayfield4 | Donald2

Eng. XI
    Hobbs | Hutton*^ | Hammond^ | Compton | Barrington | Botham5^ | Knott | Trueman1 | Laker4 | Larwood2 | Barnes3

Could you tell me how many Barbados Cricketers play for the West Indies team?
    Could you tell me anything about Club Cricket in Barbados?

International Vice-Captain kyear2's Avatar
    Right now, Benn, Roach, Edwards, Brathwaite, Holder.

What do you want to know about club cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by kyear2 View Post
    Right now, Benn, Roach, Edwards, Brathwaite, Holder.

What do you want to know about club cricket.
    Is there a West Indies league competition? If yes, what kind of game (T20, etc)?

International Vice-Captain Monk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokomotiv View Post
    Could you tell me how many Barbados Cricketers play for the West Indies team?
    Could you tell me anything about Club Cricket in Barbados?
    This doesn't really have anything to do with meeting up which is what the OP wanted to discuss. You could ask these questions in another thread, or start one about WIs cricket.
    Goughy likes this.

I disagree, Monk - maybe his decision on going depends on the answers to the questions. For example, maybe he'll only feel like attending the meetup if an X percentage of Barbados Cricketers play for the West Indies team as he'll have a higher chance of meeting them, perhaps. IDK though, just brainstorming here, RN.
    You take my pawn,

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    In the sun
    I will come
    To see Barbados...

Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    Considering we didn't even manage a meet up after the Old Trafford test this year (India's fault for being **** tbh), I'm not committing to this.

Though I am wondering Goughy, is there any corner of the world you haven't lived in now?
    To be fair if the Test ended early or rained then being in Barbados for a day of drinking away from the cricket would be fun. I am sure a meet-up would work.

Regarding corners of the World. If we class Trinidad as almost Central/S. America (it is 7 miles off the coast of Venezuela) then I have lived in Europe, U.S., Africa, Caribbean, and two places in Asia for each over a year since joining CW. Really only the Sub-continent and Middle East missing and they may happen. The irony being is that I hate traveling

International Debutant harsh.ag's Avatar
    Lucky man. Hope you get the opportunity to come over to India sometime as well. Don't be shocked to discover the dearth of chicken tikka masala
    Goughy likes this.
    If you were that old, and that kind, and the very last of your kind, you couldn't just stand back and watch children cry.

Thread Information