• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England contracts for 2014-15

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Plunkett should have got one. Surprised Morgan hasn't in a world cup year.
Nah, bloke isn't even fit yet. Who knows at that will go for the time-being.

No surprises. Have to say I think Jordan's may turn out to be a mistake, but we'll see.

grecian

Only two T20s in the entire year, honestly what's the ****ing point? After the World Cup surely they should play a few more.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Finn is pretty lucky IMO. Has bowled OK since he came back but hardly convinced that everything is great. Made a nice living this last year whilst hardly playing and this year could be the same.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
We're going to have to use about 20 seamers in the next 15 months, so I'm not bothered about Jordan, Finn maybe not deserving. They'll play a lot either way.

grecian

We're going to have to use about 20 seamers in the next 15 months, so I'm not bothered about Jordan, Finn maybe not deserving. They'll play a lot either way.
Yeah but he's keeping Lewis Gregory out of the side, so has to be seen as a disgrace.

FBU

International Debutant
Plunkett should have got one. Surprised Morgan hasn't in a world cup year.
Only Test players get central contracts. I can't see Morgan playing Test cricket. Probably realised that Plunkett is not the new Mitchell Johnson who is 5mph faster.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Only Test players get central contracts. I can't see Morgan playing Test cricket. Probably realised that Plunkett is not the new Mitchell Johnson who is 5mph faster.
In a world cup year with so many games they may as well give the main ODI players a contract. Also with so many tests to come it would have made sense to give an extra one to a bowler. Just my opinion.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Finn is pretty lucky IMO. Has bowled OK since he came back but hardly convinced that everything is great. Made a nice living this last year whilst hardly playing and this year could be the same.
Contract might also be a bit about controlling him and, from an ECB point of view, his program - when he's with their coaches, involvement with the county, etc.

grecian

Soooooo, the general consensus is that Chris Jordan is a bit ****, right?
His run-up just needs so much work, it's affecting accuracy and pace, well everything really. He's clearly got heaps of talent, but he just needs a complete overhaul, which isn't ideal for an England cricketer IMHO.