• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Champions League T20 2014

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why did Holder come out to bat after the first wicket? Or did someone else just swap shirts?

GGG

State Captain
What on earth has happened to the Knights, 4 wins in a row and comprehensive ones at that and then two thrashings.

Howsie

International Captain
What on earth has happened to the Knights, 4 wins in a row and comprehensive ones at that and then two thrashings.
Williamson didn't score any runs, Boult and Southee didn't take wickets. That's the 'team' right there.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah it was a shame to see Boult half-trackers getting pumped by Thisara Perera, that's for sure.

Hitting a personal best 146 on the gun in this tournament will only encourage Boult to strive for even more ambitious lengths, it seems.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Williamson didn't score any runs, Boult and Southee didn't take wickets. That's the 'team' right there.

Southee really didnt look up for it when he bowled yesterday, lacked the usual venom he has?? I hadnt see any of the other Knights games due to work so was reallydisappointed with their batting effort yesterday and the way they got whupped...

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Sad the Barbados Tridents are denied their full side due to other circumstances...with Polly and co there i think they'd have gotten over the line in all three games tbh.

Anyways Carter really has looked the part this year and i really like the look of the young spinner Hosein!!..took a 10fer for Trinidad last season and also got a ton. Genuine allrounder that lad is and is only 21.

Beamer

International Vice-Captain
Sad the Barbados Tridents are denied their full side due to other circumstances...with Polly and co there i think they'd have gotten over the line in all three games tbh.

Anyways Carter really has looked the part this year and i really like the look of the young spinner Hosein!!..took a 10fer for Trinidad last season and also got a ton. Genuine allrounder that lad is and is only 21.
Carter is one of those players that performs better when the standard of opposition is higher. He only seems to turn up domestically in semi-finals and finals and he has certainly looked the part in this tournament. I hope he does well on the A team tour of Sri Lanka and puts more pressure on the selectors.

As for Tridents, yes literally any T20 side that is robbed of the services of Pollard, Smith and Malik would struggle, they are all superb T20 cricketers and they qualified for this tournament on the strength of their performances. But I do think they chose some of their other overseas players poorly. Franklyn and Mckenzie shouldn't be keeping young West Indian cricketers out of the side, they could really do with the experience of playing in a tournament like this.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Absolute bloody disgrace!!...Narine bowls for FOUR GAMES in the competition without being called and suddenly things change in the last two? something doesn't smell right here 8-) .

Last edited:

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Cracking flick off the leg for six from pandey a short while ago..is he in the frame for an India call up?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Absolute bloody disgrace!!...Narine bowls for FOUR GAMES in the competition without being called and suddenly things change in the last two? something doesn't smell right here 8-) .
Clearly this is all a conspiracy by the umpires against West Indians yet again.

I mean it's not as if any other players have been reported in this competition or in others in recent times.

BeeGee

International Captain
I preferred your original post before you edited it. The one praising Narine for his performance in this game and the fact his action hadn't been called.

brockley

International Captain
Rules gotta change,joke tournament,played in India,3 Indian sides in the finals,IPL contracts signed players must play for their IPL side in Champions League.Time for a massive shift.
Or just include more Indian sides and make it a bigger joke.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Clearly this is all a conspiracy by the umpires against West Indians yet again.

I mean it's not as if any other players have been reported in this competition or in others in recent times.
WHO has been called two games in a row after playing four without complaint? please enlighten me!!