• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bats, gloves, shoes, gurads

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Why don't they let everyone else advance a base (and send someone from the lineup to 1st) but let the batter who gets the 4 balls stay?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Why don't they let everyone else advance a base (and send someone from the lineup to 1st) but let the batter who gets the 4 balls stay?
This is good. Loko, is this possible?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I caught a game of badeball the other day and noticed the fielders were wearing these big protection things on one hand. What is this? I suggest they remove this urgently and just use hands to catch. Also does anyone know where I can buy an Ireland Baseball shirt? Home runs should be worth 2 runs

Z

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
I really dunno if you're for real or not sometimes, but I'll play.

In cricket, a wide or no-ball is re-bowled and the batting team receive 1 run. In some short form cricket, a front foot no-ball means the batsman gets a free hit on the next ball bowled and he can't be dismissed on it.
Yes 1 run, but how about too many wide-balls/no-balls?
For example, when the weather is doubtful, Bowler intentionally bowls wide-balls?

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
This is good. Loko, is this possible?
Not possible. That is one of the fundamental shortcomings of Baseball.
Since BeeGee does not want talk about Baseball, I stop talking about Baseball.

By the way, in Cricket, what is the main reason for changing handedness in batting? (I am asking this because there is no advantage for both handed-Batsmen in Cricket, unlike Baseball.)

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Could you tell me the specie of wood used for Cricket Bats? And is there any special manufacturing in the process of producing Bats?

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
is there any special manufacturing in the process of producing Bats?
The cricket bat tree forms them naturally in late spring. They are harvested in late summer after the first full moon.

Some trees will produce 20-30 bats per year, but there are some backyard varieties being developed. These can be potted and will yield only 1 or 2 backyard bats a year.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
The cricket bat tree forms them naturally in late spring. They are harvested in late summer after the first full moon.

Some trees will produce 20-30 bats per year, but there are some backyard varieties being developed. These can be potted and will yield only 1 or 2 backyard bats a year.
No, I was talking about something like "condensed bats" used in Baseball about 40 years ago.

By the way, I have never seen that a Cricket bat is broken by batting. Does that never happen? How many bats do professional Batsmen normally have?
In Baseball, bats are frequently broken when hitting. Professional Baseball batters normally use around 100 bats in a year.