• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bats, gloves, shoes, gurads

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
- It's a helmet. The keeper often wears a helmet for certain bowlers (usually when standing close to the stumps for a spinner or medium pacer) and a hat for others. So in between overs, instead of wasting time by sending the helmet back to the dressing room and calling for it again, he keeps it behind him.
If the ball hits it, the batting side are awarded 5 runs I believe.
Then, why wicket-keeper change helmet and cap, despite there is a risk of losing 5 runs by placing his/her helmet on the ground?

BeeGee

International Captain
Thank you.

And I have a question about Danny Morrison's helmet. His helmet does not have front-side protection. Could anyone tell me the reason?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaIUmRoA3Xc
I notice that clip has in the title "Baseball Cricket". You searched for Baseball Cricket, didn't you Loko? You want this so badly, don't you Loko? This is some kind of Frankenstein's monster deal, right? I look forward to your future "It's alive!" thread.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
I notice that clip has in the title "Baseball Cricket". You searched for Baseball Cricket, didn't you Loko? You want this so badly, don't you Loko? This is some kind of Frankenstein's monster deal, right? I look forward to your future "It's alive!" thread.
No, that video was suggested as one of the related ones from other video.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
- In baseball you are very unlikely to get hit on the hand. Gloves are designed to be lightweight and give good grip.
Sometimes that happens in Baseball, even including fractures. And very often pitchers in the batter box do not try to hit ball, because the damage to the hands by hitting ball has negative effect on pitching.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hey Loko, in baseball do bowlers pitchers sometimes purposely throw the ball wide so a batsman gets on base and they target the next batter?

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
Hey Loko, in baseball do bowlers pitchers sometimes purposely throw the ball wide so a batsman gets on base and they target the next batter?
Yes, sometimes that happens.
There are 3 main reasons:

Avoiding strong batter
To fill all bases when losing 1 point means the end of game
Not to give opportunity to hit for the best-average batter race (walk by 4 balls is not counted)

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
I have already referred to the case 1.
As for the case 2, it is a bit difficult to explain if you do not know the basic rules of "tag-out" and "forced-out". Please search "intentional walk to load the bases".
As for the last one, I'm not sure about the longest record, but at least there is a record of 11 intentional walks in a row to avoid giving chance to the batter to hit.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
By the way, what do you think such change in Cricket?

"The Batting side can reduce the number of runs"

For example, when the stronger Batsman scored 4s or 6s in the last ball of an over, the batting side reduce 1 point in order to continue the batting of the stronger Batsman.

BeeGee

International Captain
By the way, what do you think such change in Cricket?

"The Batting side can reduce the number of runs"

For example, when the stronger Batsman scored 4s or 6s in the last ball of an over, the batting side reduce 1 point in order to continue the batting of the stronger Batsman.
What do you think about the idea that cricket is just fine the way it is and doesn't need any changes? Especially not changes proposed by someone with very little understanding of the game.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I have already referred to the case 1.
As for the case 2, it is a bit difficult to explain if you do not know the basic rules of "tag-out" and "forced-out". Please search "intentional walk to load the bases".
As for the last one, I'm not sure about the longest record, but at least there is a record of 11 intentional walks in a row to avoid giving chance to the batter to hit.
You telling others to educate themselves by searching terms?

"It's like raaaaain on your wedding day..."

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
, but at least there is a record of 11 intentional walks in a row to avoid giving chance to the batter to hit.
That's such a boring tactical ploy. I'm glad cricket doesn't have stuff like this in it.

Lokomotiv

U19 Cricketer
That's such a boring tactical ploy. I'm glad cricket doesn't have stuff like this in it.
Yes I agree. The number of games of Baseball is too large and in digestion games such things happen. The number of walks should be counted for the hitting rate for deciding the "best batter".

By the way, is there punishment for the Bowler for too many no-balls/wide-balls?

Red

Yes I agree. The number of games of Baseball is too large and in digestion games such things happen. The number of walks should be counted for the hitting rate for deciding the "best batter".

By the way, is there punishment for the Bowler for too many no-balls/wide-balls?
I really dunno if you're for real or not sometimes, but I'll play.

In cricket, a wide or no-ball is re-bowled and the batting team receive 1 run. In some short form cricket, a front foot no-ball means the batsman gets a free hit on the next ball bowled and he can't be dismissed on it.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I don't even think this is true. Why on earth would you intentionally walk everyone in the team + 2 others. Who are you intending to get out if you keep gifting the batting team extra bases and runs.

Red

So in baseball, if the bases are loaded and a batter gets a walk, do they all come home or is it just the guy on 1st base?