• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Potential Mike Young Interview

gvenkat

State Captain
Most of you must have heard about Mike young, he was the fielding coach /consultant for the Australian and South African teams for a while. If you have any questions that need to be asked, Please feel free to post it in this thread. I will try to ask a few when I get to chat with him soon.

:)

Last edited:

gvenkat

State Captain
Probably through phone or skype. I tend not to send questions through email, That all end up cliched. :).

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
You'll enjoy it, he's great to listen to. :)

Few ideas:

- changes he's wanted to make that he's found the most resistance to.
- athletes he's worked with who'd make the best baseballers.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Obvious one is best fielders he's seen in cricket.

Would be interested in how he coaches catching to cricketers (if he does) because it's very different to baseball catching. What are his techniques for coaching cricket catching?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
- Could he describe how differently various players are motivated (by coaches or otherwise) when it comes to working on their fielding?

- What is, in his opinion, the concept of "match fitness"?

- What does he look for in a fielder when trying to figure out whether he would be a natural for the slip cordon?

- He must have learnt something new through the whole wicket-keeping business. What is his perspective on that skill?