• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v Australia in UAE 2014

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** me that's good bowling from Lyon and just awful from Haddin. Wasn't anywhere near the line of the ball and the deflection was minuscule. Sitter.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah this is the point I was making.

I get that Maxwell and Starc are basically a package team for the balance of the attack, and that's fine.. but Marsh isn't going to bowl much/at all in this attack on this wicket. Are they saying he's a better batsman than Doolan and Hughes now? Really?
Whilst I agree with selection of Smith at no. 3 (but for this test only) I have real doubts as to whether Hughes is close to being selected again in test cricket as he was hardly (if at all) mentioned by anyone connected with the team in the lead-up to this match

OverratedSanity

Does Rameez not realise that the reason the Australian attack, especially MJ has been so dangerous recently is precisely because of frequent bowling changes and short spells? Such dumb commentary

social

I know the conditions don't suit him but Sidds looks very pedestrian

Mark him down as another who might not make the first test of the Oz summer

Top_Cat

Just got an inkling if they throw Maxwell in at 3 it'll be ridiculously successful and be seen as a master stroke of Clarke/Lehmann for years to come...
Wouldn't surprise, tbh. Stylistically, he's Ponting-lite and could go well on low and slow decks.

social

Wouldn't surprise, tbh. Stylistically, he's Ponting-lite and could go well on low and slow decks.
Very similar to Ponting (very fast hands and feet) with arguably a more orthodox technique

Brain is his issue not talent or technique IMO

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I was under the impression that it's illegal to stand directly behind the bowler...

Last edited:

Spikey

"ok this is a big session guys. we need to make some breakthroughs, get some momentum going....Sids you're opening up"

Spikey

clarkeh not happy about TPC making a new friend? that's why he's the TPC and you're not, Pup