• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v Australia in UAE 2014

Valer

First Class Debutant
I seriously doubt that SA could beat us in Australia atm

However, I would bet plenty of money on Oz losing away to India and Tasmania beating Pakistan at Hobart as well

Whole thing is a lottery
Right now? I'd bet on SA due to injuries.

Sa is likely to stay ahead for quite a while unless Australia saves this test.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
SA is a more consistent outfit around the world but Australia cannot be beaten on pitches with pace and bounce when our bowlers are firing - which has been a pretty normal thing in the last 12 months

Spark

Global Moderator
This is revisionism. The series in SA was 2-1. Harris is out injured. We had multiple players having very very good series (Warner, Johnson), neither of which inspires confidence in their consistency.
This makes no sense whatsoever.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Australia with Mitch on any pitch outside of the subcontinent or middle east should go in favourite.

But hey, how about also learning to play slow bowling and be awesome everywhere. This inability to play spin has been going on for years now. Fix it up ffs

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyway, Australia will probably still win the series. It's Pakistan we're talking about here, they'll have their typical lollapse soon. It didn't happen this match because Younis was awesome, but his customary one good match in a series is now done. Australia obviously need to playa lot better, but you can just see Pakistan getting bowled out for 70 on a road in the next game.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia also suffers from the fact that they really only have one truly world class batsman, if they want to be proper number one they probably need a couple, Smith and Warner are getting there

Valer

First Class Debutant
This makes no sense whatsoever.
I deleted the post because it wasn't clear...

We had multiple players having very very good series (Warner, Johnson). Neither Warner nor Johnson inspire confidence in their consistency.

I wouldn't bet on Johnson outbowling Steyn over an extended period. Siddle & Hilf/ Faulkner is hardly exciting backup.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
@OS: 'Truly' is the key word, I see Warner as world class by default because there is a dearth of quality test openers currently, Clarke on the other hand is actually in the same league as guys like AB, Amla, Shiv, and Sanga

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
@OS: 'Truly' is the key word, I see Warner as world class by default because there is a dearth of quality test openers currently, Clarke on the other hand is actually in the same league as guys like AB, Amla, Shiv, and Sanga
Look, the form Warner is in currently he's simply world class, full stop. Don't buy this 'by default' thing at all. Over the last year or so, he's scored about as many runs as any opener ever has in a comparable period of time.
Clarke is a world class batsman in patchy form, Warner is the bloke actually playing like a world-class batsman.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Look, the form Warner is in currently he's simply world class, full stop. Don't buy this 'by default' thing at all. Over the last year or so, he's scored about as many runs as any opener ever has in a comparable period of time.
Clarke is a world class batsman in patchy form, Warner is the bloke actually playing like a world-class batsman.
Well the time period you've described there is only about 7 or 8 tests, including some great knocks but also some 3rd innings bullying to an unusually high degree, but forget about that. I was more speculating that if Australia were to really look to dominate as a test side in the medium term future someone else has to get to Clarke's level IMO (and Clarke has to get back into good form obvs), don't think Warner is quite there but the potential is there.

Would agree he's playing better than Clarke ATM though, that's pretty clear cut

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
Australia with Mitch on any pitch outside of the subcontinent or middle east should go in favourite.

But hey, how about also learning to play slow bowling and be awesome everywhere. This inability to play spin has been going on for years now. Fix it up ffs
hey how about learning to not be a ****, ****

smash84

The Tiger King
from what I read on cricinfo if Australia can manage to play the straight deliveries then they should be able to see out the day tomorrow

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
from what I read on cricinfo if Australia can manage to play the straight deliveries then they should be able to see out the day tomorrow
Ghambiring of the highest order.

Smali will only admit to a Pak win when they take the final wicket tomorrow. Even at 9 out and needing 300 runs to win with half a day's play left, he will find some way to Ghambir.