• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan v Australia in UAE 2014

dermo

International Vice-Captain
I'm not sure what riggins' opinion on the matter is but I reckon the concept of a nightwatchman is unaustralian

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
No crowd, poor pitch and a boring contest. No wonder there's a decline of interest for Test Cricket now. But Warner is something I tell you. Unlike Pakistani batsman, Warner has been scoring at a high strike and bringing some life into this game.

Spark

Global Moderator
No crowd, poor pitch and a boring contest. No wonder there's a decline of interest for Test Cricket now. But Warner is something I tell you. Unlike Pakistani batsman, Warner has been scoring at a high strike and bringing some life into this game.
I'm not sure how one manages to ignore an 80-ball hundred in the quest for trite clichés but somehow you've managed it

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
:laugh:

Sarfraz is jealous that you only have eyes for Warner.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was a great interview with Michael DiVenuto about Rogers making runs when he's not batting how he'd like. Even when he's out of touch/can't find his timing in an innings, he grinds his way to a 50 much more often than what we've seen from many of the more talented players in Aus cricket. Then cashes in when he is going well.

An out of touch Rogers doesn't look Test class, but he still manages to contribute.
Scoring ugly runs is such an under rated attribute in a player. Grinding out tough runs when you're out of nick is absolutely invaluable to a team.

the big bambino

International Captain
Yep Rogers gun. But turn over the strike a little more pretty please.

I've read cricinfo comments about the Pakistani team and the Pak fans have been going off about a left arm seamer called Sadaf Hussain and wondering why he hasn't been selected. Anyone here know anything about him? Bowling speed for example? What is your opinion of him? Maybe Smali and AN...?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Yep Rogers gun. But turn over the strike a little more pretty please.

I've read cricinfo comments about the Pakistani team and the Pak fans have been going off about a left arm seamer called Sadaf Hussain and wondering why he hasn't been selected. Anyone here know anything about him? Bowling speed for example? What is your opinion of him? Maybe Smali and AN...?
Sadaf should be in the team. The guy reminds me of Asif with the way he seams the ball both ways.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/player/392294.html

Averages nearly 18 after 46 First Class matches (225 wickets).

The video below isn't great (especially the music and intro)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
How bad have the panel of BJ, Waugh and friends been? So dreary.

Danny Morrison also stbu.

the big bambino

International Captain
Thanks AN. Left arm Asif. Could be useful. Before you posted I checked his record and tracked down that clip. He does look good.

Valer

First Class Debutant
Scoring ugly runs is such an under rated attribute in a player. Grinding out tough runs when you're out of nick is absolutely invaluable to a team.
DWTA

Why are ugly runs more valuable than say pretty runs? Runs in difficult situations are worth more but that's a different argument.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
DWTA

Why are ugly runs more valuable than say pretty runs? Runs in difficult situations are worth more but that's a different argument.
We'll I'd have thought it's fairly self evident that if a bloke is struggling but he manages to scratch his way to 30 or 40 odd he's doing a better job for his side than nicking off for half a dozen.

Radical, I know. But I'm prepared to put it out there.

adub

International Captain
Of course. Everyone has ups and downs, but if you can squeeze out a score even when you're in poor nick that is a big boost over a guy who is a walking wicket when not on song.

Valer

First Class Debutant
We'll I'd have thought it's fairly self evident that if a bloke is struggling but he manages to scratch his way to 30 or 40 odd he's doing a better job for his side than nicking off for half a dozen.

Radical, I know. But I'm prepared to put it out there.
Of course. Everyone has ups and downs, but if you can squeeze out a score even when you're in poor nick that is a big boost over a guy who is a walking wicket when not on song.
Its pretty obvious that a guy making more runs is more valuable. A fairer comparison is when they both score the same total runs. In this case I see little inherent advantage.