• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Favourite Cricket Match

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
5th odi NZ vs Pakistan.

NZ got 307,Razzaq went on a hitting spree but pakistan fell 5 runs short.Amazing match.

Favourite test,NZ vs England,Astle got 222 of 179 (I think)balls,and got his 200 off 153 balls.New Zealand unfortunately fell 99 runs short,but it was a BRILLIANT innings by astle.

krkode

State Captain
Favorite ODI - India chasing 315 against Pakistan (Sharjah?) and making it. Ganguly made 124 and Kanitkar hit a 4 when there was 3 to win off 2 balls...great match :D Also happens to be the first cricket match I ever saw... :P

Favorite test - The Laxman 281 test...no competitor. Coming back from the followon, that was bliss to me as an Indian supporter :P

Damien Martyn

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
yeah i saw on a video from the alan boarder era when aust got 5/304 and Boarder got 114* and this otha dude was on 98 and it was the last ball and he hit it and got then got the single with out realising the umpire called it a NB so he ended up on 99* HOW DISSAPOINTING and then Aust bowled Windies out for like 90

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Damien Martyn said:
yeah i saw on a video from the alan boarder era when aust got 5/304 and Boarder got 114* and this otha dude was on 98 and it was the last ball and he hit it and got then got the single with out realising the umpire called it a NB so he ended up on 99* HOW DISSAPOINTING and then Aust bowled Windies out for like 90
The other dude was Dean Jones

Craig

World Traveller
'99 WC semi at Birmingham.

Why Klusener didnt blast it to Coventry or any near by towns I will never know.

Or at least blast it to the fence.

PY

International Coach
Bet every South African cricket fan has been wondering that for 4 years. And more (including me) because it would have made it better for the Final IMO as Zulu was on the warpath.

Mine would have to be the Karachi '01. I was listening to the run chase on the radio and it was very tense. Splendid batting from Athers, Inzi and Youhana as well.

Made me laugh when Inzi was on the fence and the ball went to the boundary straight past him because he couldn't pick it up in the twilight. Served them right for slow over rates.

Eclipse

International Debutant
That game were WI beat Australia and Lara made 150 odd not out and WI won by one wicket.

That last inning's was amazing.

chris.hinton

International Captain
my favorite match would be

Aussies are bowled out for 5 against England and England win in just one ball or in a Test match england thrash Australia by an Innings and 400 runs

oh well i can dream

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
PY said:
Mine would have to be the Karachi '01. I was listening to the run chase on the radio and it was very tense.
So was I, only I was at work.

A few weeks later they terminated my employment...

(But I hated the place and wanted to leave, so getting a payoff was a bonus! :D)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
chris.hinton said:
Aussies are bowled out for 5 against England and England win in just one ball
Judging by our current run against Australia, we'd still contrive to lose if we bowled them out for 5!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
PY said:
Made me laugh when Inzi was on the fence and the ball went to the boundary straight past him because he couldn't pick it up in the twilight. Served them right for slow over rates.
Trivial I know, but I've got the video of that match and I'm absolutely positive it was Elahi on the deep-extra-cover boundary when Thorpe pierced the infield.
It was certainly Waqar at short-fine-leg.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
My favourite ODI would unquestionably be the Edgbaston semi in WC99 if the last delivery had gone differently - if Gilchrist had been 'megged by the ball and Donald had dived in with his fingertips over the line as the stumps were finally broken.
It was unquestionably the most exciting, but the end spoiled it as far as I was concerned.
As it was, my favourite ODI was the NatWest Series final 2002 - it was only cricketing justice that India won, only the most blinded patriots would dispute that, and the game was phenominal.
My favourite Test is beyond question - the 2000 Second Test against West Indies. IMO there cannot possibly have been a greater Test in history; plenty reckon the same about the 1998\99 game in West Indies against Australia. That game was spoiled for me by the fact that Lara got credit for an innings which required two large slices of luck. The Lord's game was marred by poor fielding in the first 2 innings but not much ended significant. Only the Hick one off Campbell.
However, the games at Karachi and Kandy the following winter weren't a massive way behind. Sensational both.

PY

International Coach
Richard said:
Trivial I know, but I've got the video of that match and I'm absolutely positive it was Elahi on the deep-extra-cover boundary when Thorpe pierced the infield.
It was certainly Waqar at short-fine-leg.
Well, I can't find owt to confirm or disprove my post so I'll take your word for it. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Richard said:
As it was, my favourite ODI was the NatWest Series final 2002 - it was only cricketing justice that India won, only the most blinded patriots would dispute that, and the game was phenominal.
Why was it only cricketing justice?

I don't see how you come about that conclusion seeing as they found themselves in big big trouble.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Favourite ODI would definitely be the WC '99 semi-final between South Africa and Australia, disappointing end though. Close behind is the Natwest Trophy final, absolutely brilliant performances and an amazing come back win when fans looked like they were going to leave the ground.

Favourite Test would be the second test in the 2001 test series between India and Australia. Laxman was simply phenomenal.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Fave ODI: Semi-Final, WC'99......watched the whole lot and I reckon I had no fingernails by the end.....

Fave Test: 3rd Test match, India V Australia 2001....although india won this and the series, a tense match..if only the aussies had gotten 50 or 60 more runs for India to chase!

Salamuddin

International Debutant
SquidAU said:
Fave ODI: Semi-Final, WC'99......watched the whole lot and I reckon I had no fingernails by the end.....

Fave Test: 3rd Test match, India V Australia 2001....although india won this and the series, a tense match..if only the aussies had gotten 50 or 60 more runs for India to chase!
That was my favourite test as well -- for the look on Steve Waugh's face after given out handling the ball.

Priceless.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Craig said:
'99 WC semi at Birmingham.

Why Klusener didnt blast it to Coventry or any near by towns I will never know.

Or at least blast it to the fence.
My worst game.. Inconsolable I was for ages after that..

Best Game??

India v Zimbabwe at Faridabad (2002 I think) cue doug marillier..