• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who is the worst player to have a Cricket World Cup Winner's Medal?

Flem274*

123/5
I wish I was the worst player to have a world cup winning medal, because then I'd have been in a world cup winning team.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Sreesanth. He even played in the final. It's a disgrace that he laid his hands on the trophy.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There can be no doubt that the worst fielder to ever play in a World Cup was Munaf Patel

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, on my first thread, which you may know was the original and best, I did ask how Dyer was as a 'keeper amongst the Oz contingent on this forum. As he seems an obvious choice. I guess it's the modern age that people kind of ignore the Wicket-keeping of a keeper-batsmen.

It can be rather important.
Greg Dyer wins this award for mine, but that might also be because he was a filthy cheat. Andrew Jones and I have long memories.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I wish I was the worst player to have a world cup winning medal, because then I'd have been in a world cup winning team.
A bit like Ringo Starr. He didn't give a toss about being the worst drummer in the Beatles because it made him bloody rich. :rockon:

Howe_zat

Audio File
No Englishmen in contention of course, and I suspect if you dug this thread in 50 years time there still wouldn't be
As oppose to if you bumped in six, because I was thinking about James Vince and his unillustrious contribution to the 2019 squad's victory. Liam Dawson also managed to snag a winner's medal.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yusuf Pathan has one as well (was dropped for Raina midway through the tournament for being crap though). I'm sure someone could go through the list of winning squads and dredge up some obscure reserve keeper or something.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Is this thread's links broken? It shows me a 6th page and I try to go to it (15 ppp) and it keeps bringing me back to 5th and I keep wondering why is weldone posting when he is banned...

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sounds like it doesn't want to create a new page for one post. Not as weird as when I can see someone as having made a post on the CC page but it doesn't appear at all in the actual thread, often for. like, ten minutes or until someone else replies.

Also, try 40 ppp

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As oppose to if you bumped in six, because I was thinking about James Vince and his unillustrious contribution to the 2019 squad's victory. Liam Dawson also managed to snag a winner's medal.
Yusuf Pathan has one as well (was dropped for Raina midway through the tournament for being crap though). I'm sure someone could go through the list of winning squads and dredge up some obscure reserve keeper or something.
Xavier Doherty 2015

/thread
The intent of the thread was to discuss only those players who played in the final but can't fault anyone for pointing out Vince and Doherty