• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Religious comments by Ahmed Shehzad to Dilshan

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Even if 'get ready to burn' was meant as a sledge, given current world events people are more likely to see it as a death threat. Which means Shehzad is either ******** or a fanatic, in my book.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
At one level I see what Watson and SS are saying. But think about it this way. Would Shehzad's behaviour be acceptable in workplace? I don't think so and I don't think cricket field should be treated any differently. It's a place for professionals to perform in return of being paid money. This was poor from Shehzad IMO. Preaching even out of genuine concern should be kept out of some settings.
Most of what is said on the cricket field would get you fired immediately at any professional work place....

91Jmay

International Coach
Yea but these weren't really public comments. They were private comments which were picked up with a microphone.
No, they weren't private comments. You are ****ing delusional if you think so tbh, it was in the middle of a cricket field ffs.

GGG

State Captain
Yea but these weren't really public comments. They were private comments which were picked up with a microphone.
What happens on a sports field isn't private, even away from the sports field you are always in the public eye if you represent your country.

watson

Banned
No, they weren't private comments. You are ****ing delusional if you think so tbh, it was in the middle of a cricket field ffs.
I take 'Public Comments' to mean those made at a press conference or to a reporter.

Steve Waugh and Curtly Ambrose exchanged numerous 'Private Comments' on the cricket field that never made it to the front page of a newspaper or the headlines on Cricinfo. For example, we never heard or read the following conversation;

Steve: "You're nothing but a ******* ******, so why don't you just ***** ***** ****** ******
Curtly: "Ah go shove it up your ****ing ***** you ***** ****** Aussie ****** ******

Which is just as well really.

Last edited:

viriya

International Captain
Didn't realize that Shehzad was only 22 years old.. Fancy telling someone 16 years older than you that he is going to burn in hell.. Dilshan should've beat him down with his bat.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Didn't realize that Shehzad was only 22 years old.. Fancy telling someone 16 years older than you that he is going to burn in hell.. Dilshan should've beat him down with his bat.
Brilliant. That would've solved everything. If he murders Shehzad (or maybe just paralyzes him, let's not be too cruel), then Shehzad will never have the opportunity to convert another Buddha again. This plan is simply fool-proof.

BeeGee

International Captain
Weird thread. Went from religion to ex wives to prick size and then back to religion.

I wish some cricket would start so we can stop discussing race and religion (and prick size) in Cricket Chat.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Weird thread. Went from religion to ex wives to prick size and then back to religion.

I wish some cricket would start so we can stop discussing race and religion (and prick size) in Cricket Chat.
Just be thankful I decided against berating viriya for advocating a NAP violation.