• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What cricketing memories remain locked in your archive for eternity?

smash84

The Tiger King
Blogs: Nicholas Hogg: What cricketing memories remain locked in your archive for eternity? | Cricket Blogs | ESPN Cricinfo

This wonderful idea came to me from this article on cricinfo.

Some that come to my mind

Imran running through India in the Karachi test 1982-83. The 1987 wc semi final where Aus knocked out Pakistan to send Imran into retirement without a world cup to his name. The 2005 Ashes (which is probably the only Ashes I completely followed). Chennai 1999 with Wasim and Saqlain cleaning up the Indian tail after Sachin's 136. Brian Lara's epic 153. Inzy batting with Mushy to chase 300+ in the 4th innings at Karachi and Healy missing a stumping off the last ball to let it go for 4 byes. I don't want to mention it but Khatmal's 136 match winner at karachi after Irfan Pathan's first over hattrick. Tendy smashing Shoaib Akhtar for 6 over 3rd man in the 2003 WC. Miandad's last ball 6 in Sharjah and finally Imran taking the final wicket in the 1992 world cup and raising his arms in celebration (that was about as much celebration that you would get from Imran on the cricket field).

So post yours.

Riggins

International Captain
leaving the adelaide test because i was too hungover and nothing was gonna happen will be in the memory bank for a while.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Good question. If I have to pick one it is the 434 chase and Ntini getting off strike to level the scores, and then Boucher hitting that 4.

Probably sacrilegious for it to not be a test memory but this was a bit too ridiculous and surreal.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Nothing, 'cause with my memory the way it is now, I'll may very well end up with dementia anyway.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Off the top of my head

The entirety of days 4,5 at Kolkata 2001 (in particular, one shot from VVS, where he jumped 3 feet outisde leg stump to drive Warne from the rough inside out through the covers )
The ovation after we lost to our neighbours at Chennai 1999
Dravid being epic on a dog of a pitch in Sabina 2006
Every boundary Tendulkar hit in the 98 vs Pak in WC 2003
VVS screaming at Ojha like a 10-yr old girl at Mohali 2010
Walsh keeping out an amazing yorker from Gillespie to keep the chase alive for Lara in 1999
Flintoff b McGrath at Lord's 2005

Burgey

Sitting next to Jono at the SCG on the final day of the last Aus-India test and seeing the sheer disappointment and grief on his face when Clarke got Tendulkar out on 70 odd to deny him his 100th international ton at a ground and in a format which matters.

Tears taste sweet.

OverratedSanity

In all seriousness though, the one "moment" which for some reason my mind keeps replaying is McGrath bowling Flintoff at Lord's. Everything about it is awesome... the way it cuts in sharply, the way McGrath looks as though he's almost expecting it to hit the stumps at the point of delivery, that amazing sound when it smashed the stump, dat cartwheel, Flintoff's expression.... it was all just perfect.

Burgey

Lillee bowling Richards with the final ball of day one at the MCG 1981-82 would be right up there for me.

Darren Gough's hat trick at the SCG, which was an amazing live moment.

Dyson's catch in the outfield off Sylvester Clarke

Ambrose 7/1

McGrath at Lord's in 05

The aforementioned Waugh cover drive.

OverratedSanity

Lillee bowling Richards with the final ball of day one at the MCG 1981-82 would be right up there for me.
That had to have been the best day 1 of any test ever. The quartet tearing it up, Hughes' 100, and WI something like 8/4 at stumps.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sitting next to Jono at the SCG on the final day of the last Aus-India test and seeing the sheer disappointment and grief on his face when Clarke got Tendulkar out on 70 odd to deny him his 100th international ton at a ground and in a format which matters.

Tears taste sweet.
I was pretty gutted.

To your credit you held back your celebration I reckon. There is a semblance of a good bloke behind your general ****ness.

kingkallis

International Coach
It all started with Donald breaking the stumps of Amre back in 91-92. Since then it has been an amazing journey...

Jonty running Inzy out...
Greatbatch hitting a SIX off Wasim @ cover point...
Donald v Atherton...
Lara's amazing 153*...
Butcher's knock of 173* to win the game against the Aussies @ Leeds...
Laxman's beautiful knock of 167 @ Sydney...
Laxman's epic 281...
Micheal Hussey killing Pakistan's bowling attack in the T20 semis...
Kallis's twin tons against India despite the injured back ;)...
Steyn's magic spells. One of them was against Tendulkar - top bowler...