• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Cricket Movies?

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Hey Ike,

A couple of DVD's which I really enjoyed, not movies but documentaries that might worth grabbing if you can find them......

Steve Waugh: A Perfect Day

Shane Warne: The King of Spin

And although it is widely criticised on here (and rightly so) if you are going to get a feel for the history of test cricket, and specifically the incredible rivalry that surrounds the Ashes I do recommend you try and find the Bodyline TV series

Last edited:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
silence of the alan lambs
the nick knight
be7en
lára
saving private ryan harris
Brian Lara Colin Croft: Tomb Ryder
300s: Rise of Jadeja
Star Wars Episode V: The Umpire Strikes Back
City Of Tendulkar
DRAVID-E
de Kockwork Orange
To Kill A Jacksonbird

Last edited:

GGG

State Captain
GGG, thanks for the video. I think I got most of the jokes anyway. Yorkshire is historically one of the best cricket counties, right? I see the video's BBC... what did they create such a short video for?
It is from That Mitchell and Webb Look a sketch show made by and starring David Mitchell and Robert Webb. Yes when you think of Cricket in England one of the first things that springs to mind is Yorkshire.

a massive zebra

International Captain
The best footage I've seen of the great 1950s England team is in "England's Finest: On Tour With Hutton's Men" - an MCC produced DVD about their tours to The West Indies in 1953-4 and Australia in 1954-5. It features extensive coverage of the tours both on and off the field and includes interviews with surviving players such as Tom Graveney and Bob Appleyard. It's a real gem.

A wonderful 1997 VHS named "Don Bradman - Genius" features an interview with the great man reminiscing about his career, intertwined with extensive clips of Don Bradman batting in every Test series in which he played (including the non Ashes series!).

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The acting is pretty bad but I watched the Bodyline miniseries (made in the 80s) for free on YouTube recently. It was quite entertaining.