Cricket Player Manager
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Otis Gibson sacked and Micky Athur set to take over as Windies coach?

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    How many sets of goalposts on wheels does WW need to break before the shop runs out
    Exit pursuing a beer

Apo
    Banned
    I quite like WW, he's a passionate and sensitive fan who always has high hopes for his team, it's unfortunate that the reality is different but you can't fault his spirit however volatile it may be !!

International Regular WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    If you're going to beat your chest then run away with your tail between your legs after a loss instead of owning the egg on your face then you deserve everything you get if you turn up months later and continue chest beating.
    What "egg"? i made my position clear after it was confirmed Narine was being left out!!.. .

Anyways that's in the past now. Gibson's departure has now been CONFIRMED by the wicb. Now it's a matter of getting in the replacement in due course whether it's Arthur or somebody else.

Gibson gone

By EZRA STUART

August 20, 2014

IT’S NOW OFFICIAL! Barbadian Ottis Gibson is no longer the West Indies’ cricket coach after serving four years in the job.

Official confirmation came late last night that the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) and Gibson had mutually agreed to terminate their association.

In a Press release, the WICB expressed its gratitude to Gibson “for his unwavering commitment and professionalism during his tenure as the coach of the West Indies team”.

WICB chief executive officer Michael Muirhead thanked Gibson for his services but did not give any reason for the coach’s sudden departure.
    One day world cup winners- Champions trophy winners- T20 world cup winners- 29 test series without defeat record- Highest run chase in test history record and some think we're minnows? :P

International Captain wellAlbidarned's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apo View Post
    I quite like WW, he's a passionate and sensitive fan who always has high hopes for his team, it's unfortunate that the reality is different but you can't fault his spirit however volatile it may be !!
    There's nothing wrong with being passionate. The problem is with posters who continually shift goalposts to avoid ever admitting they were wrong and lost fair and square.

Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    If you're going to beat your chest then run away with your tail between your legs after a loss instead of owning the egg on your face then you deserve everything you get if you turn up months later and continue chest beating.
    Why sink to his level in response though?
    RIP Phillip Hughes (1988-2014)

International Debutant ohnoitsyou's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    Why sink to his level in response though?
    because its funny

Oh absolutely, not the best way of taking the moral high ground though haha

Quote Originally Posted by wellAlbidarned View Post
    There's nothing wrong with being passionate. The problem is with posters who continually shift goalposts to avoid ever admitting they were wrong and lost fair and square.
    Saying our best weapon was left out and blasting the coaches for changing a side that won by ten wickets isn't "moving the goalposts"..it's stating a fact...any fair minded person would admit that those two things played a huge role in WI losing the series.

But anyway guys lets just move on aye? Gibson is GONE and i'm too happy right now to be arguing over silly stuff .

Don't be jealous of the Georgie Pie super smash
    Welcome back Windie.

But you do owe us a series review post. After we won the 3rd test we kept waiting for you to come online and post your thoughts. Even if it was blaming the selectors for excluding Narine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I got great enjoyment in going to the game and shouting "WHY THE **** ISN'T THIS GAME BEING PLAYED AT THE BASIN?!>!?!?" to reasonably significant cheers from the sparse crowd
    Proudly against the bring back Bennett movement since he is injury prone and won't last 5 days.

International Captain OverratedSanity's Avatar
    CW needs a Blocky-WW faceoff

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Welcome back Windie.

But you do owe us a series review post. After we won the 3rd test we kept waiting for you to come online and post your thoughts. Even if it was blaming the selectors for excluding Narine.
    Cheers Hurricane...mate i was too bitter to do that...and like i said i didn't want to get banned so i left you guys to enjoy your win. In the end i think i made the right move.

Congratulations on the win..and i say that to all the kiwis here. It's over now and i'm glad to say my team is moving forward in the right direction now. Honestly mate if before that series you would have told me we'll lose 2-1 but the selectors and Gibson would be gone as a result i 100% would have taken it because longterm this is great for us. No doubt i was in a dark place after that 3rd test..but in the end it's all been worth it .
    Hurricane likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Apo View Post
    Cheers mate

Yeah I'd have been so cut if I was a WI fan and had to deal with that scoreline having watched the selectors make a complete mockery of themselves. Narine would have made a huge difference IMO

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OverratedSanity View Post
    CW needs a Blocky-WW faceoff
    We had it during the NZ-WI series.

It was spectacular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    Narine would have made a huge difference IMO
    In what way?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information