Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Otis Gibson sacked and Micky Athur set to take over as Windies coach?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    Deonarine played test cricket before the Aussie tests so no he's not a "youngster in the grand scheme of things", he's a man who's got plenty experience, was the best batter in the last domestic season and is taking his chance now, like i said before just how long do you expect Chanders to go on for? until he's 40?
    oh windie
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by WindieWeathers View Post
    LOL the kiwis still cocky after we contrived to lose the series aye? no worries...revenge will taste sweet the next time the two sides meet .
    You had your pants pulled down at home. Ain't no coming back from that. Stick to series against Bangladesh.
    Northern Districts
    Proudly supporting KS Williamson, TG Southee, TA Boult, DR Flynn, BJ Watling, CJ Anderson and IS Sodhi

International Debutant WindieWeathers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    You had your pants pulled down at home. Ain't no coming back from that. Stick to series against Bangladesh.
    I'm actually thankful we had a "pants pulled down"..now we've got a new selection panel and a new coach coming in...so thank you kiwis..we owe you!! .

And i'm sure your team will enjoy sitting on the sidelines while we play India, Sa and Eng over the next nine months too .
    One Day cups- Champions trophy winners-T20 cup-29 test series without defeat record- and some think we're a "minnow".

Super Mario Rampage 1 Champion!
    Better make sure you take that series against Bangladesh then. It'll be a long year otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Howsie View Post
    Better make sure you take that series against Bangladesh then. It'll be a long year otherwise.
    Don't worry Howsie..when the kiwis go back to 8th they'll have a chance to rise up again in November .

Dan
    Global Moderator / Cricket Web Staff Member Dan's Avatar
    A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse
    *sigh*

Howsie, Flem, WW; you're all better than this.
    My sworn enemy:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I hate s smith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I give out points for style of which Steve(n) Smith has none.

International Regular
    This job will sink or swim Micky Arthur IMO. We'd have beaten the brakes off them with him as coach, at least 4-0, his Aus team was a total debacle. That said his S.A team where good, so will see who should take most blame for the issues. Normally I'd blame the coach mostly but Shane Watson is Shane Watson so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    *sigh*

Sorry Dan..just a little banter with my old sparring partners on my return mate nothing serious.

Quote Originally Posted by 91Jmay View Post
    This job will sink or swim Micky Arthur IMO. We'd have beaten the brakes off them with him as coach, at least 4-0, his Aus team was a total debacle. That said his S.A team where good, so will see who should take most blame for the issues. Normally I'd blame the coach mostly but Shane Watson is Shane Watson so who knows.
    Sport can be a funny old game..take for example Tony Pulis who was pretty much driven out of Stoke City because they felt his football was "boring" and his tactics were "old fashion". He leaves them and ends up taking over a club who were doomed for relegation in Crystal Palace..he not only keeps them up with ease but then tops it off by being named the manager of the year in the process. The moral of the story is a fresh start can do wonders for a coach...it's a different environment in the caribbean and he'll have time to pretty much mold his own side without being under too much pressure.
    Last edited by WindieWeathers; 19-08-2014 at 03:25 PM.

It has been a fantastic week for West Indies cricket IMHO (ignoring the farcical ending to the CPL). As WW said, we've finally gotten rid of the worst selectors in our history and replaced them with people who understand our cricket and watch all the domestic cricket week in and out. It has been a terribly frustrating time under Clyde Butthead and co so here's hoping that from now on if we lose, which we probably will for a while, we'll at least lose with our best players who can learn and improve as a result of the experience.

As for Otis, as I said a few times in the NZ tour thread, it was time for him to go. A home loss to NZ in our own conditions, strange selection decisions in series deciding matches and awful man management skills (falling out with every senior player at some point in his tenure). It is time for fresh ideas to help implement Pybus's vision. I've always quite liked Micky Arthur so wouldn't mind his appointment at all if that is indeed what they're planning.
    Flem274* likes this.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    I've always thought Gibson was a good chap; certainly did well as our bowling coach. Could see him getting a county coaching gig.

Arthur tho; not convinced. Think the bloke's a bit of a cock, tbh. Can't see him and Gayle getting on at all. From the outside looking in, Arthur comes across as a JFDI who rules by dictat.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"I don't believe a word of Pietersen's book, but then I don't believe a word anyone else has said either."
    - Simon Barnes renders further comment on KP's autobiography superfluous in a sentence

25 posts and no homework jokes?

CW, I am disappoint.
    + time's fickle card game ~ with you and i +

get ready for a broken ****in' arm

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    #27 because you failed to do your own homework properly by failing to post a joke yourself.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    *sigh*

DWTA

z

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    *sigh*

If you're going to beat your chest then run away with your tail between your legs after a loss instead of owning the egg on your face then you deserve everything you get if you turn up months later and continue chest beating.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information