• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Prime Minister's XI

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Australian Prime Minster's XI 1 Cade Brown, 2 Matthew Bradley, 3 David Hussey, 4 Marcus North, 5 Steve Waugh (capt), 6 Andrew McDonald, 7 Chris Hartley (wk), 8 David Cleary, 9 Damian Wright, 10 Xavier Doherty, 11 Shaun Tait

Some interesting selections there including 3 I have never heard of (Brown, Bradley & Cleary)

Good to see reward to young cricketers putting in good performances. The most to gain from good performances would be North and Tait who could see themselves into the senior side if some players continue to misfire.

You've not heard of Cleary?

I'm really surprised with Marcus North this season. Going into the start of it I was definitely a big fan of his, but given some impressive timely performances people are saying he's not that far away from the senior side now.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Cade Brown is opening batsman for Western Creek & Comets captain , he's been one of the dominant batsman in the ACT grade competition for a good 5 years now , 27 years old , deserves a chance.

Mark Cleary is South Australian seamer , had a great first season last year , has followed it up well this year , at least in the first class form , and he's also showed some ability with the bat , a quick fifty against NSW in the Pura Cup & a 70 odd in the ING.
Brilliant feilder , good prospect.
He's already played for Aus A this year.

Bradley's the ATSIC player , havent heard of him.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
Matt Bradley seems to be a part of this team for the past 2 or 3 years. He played first grade for Sutherland a few years back, but aside from the PM XI's game i don't have a clue what happened to him.

That's if its the same Matt Bradley i'm thinking off.....

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Sorry guys, I took the list straight from Cricinfo. Reading the article again it looks like it should be Mark Cleary.

Its good to see some very young guys being given a go. I hope that Matt Bradley does well. It could inspire more Aboriginals to play the game. Probably the unfortunate thing about the game in Australia is that it is seen as a white man's game with very few minorities playing. With more role models, more of our diverse population would be represented. It certainly happens in England.
It can only be good for the game.

iamdavid

International Debutant
Gillespie is part aboriginal , does an add for ATSIC which they play during drinks breaks at the cricket.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
I heard or read somewhere that hes part Aboriginal, part Greek. Thats quite a combination!:lol:

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
interesting to see tait, cleary and North in there - i thought PM's XI was generally for players who had no other rep level (Aus or Aus A) experience - with the odd exception of course, usually for the captain

didn't quite say that right but i hope you get the picture :)