• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clause-Mystery-Choice Draft Thread 2014

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Order for Round III

AldoRaine18
G.I.Joe
Morgieb
ohnoitsyou
Weeman27bob
Howe_zat
Watson
Bagapath

THIRD CLAUSE
:xmas::xmas::xmas::xmas:

A player who took more than 31% of his test wickets from the tail (8-11) as a fast bowler, and between 32.6-37% as a spinner.

Yes, the strict range for spinners is because at 32.5 stands You-Know-Who, and at 37.1 stands You-Know-Poo.

Last edited:

Riggins

International Captain
Pick someone whose wicket distribution falls within the specified range based on what they bowl. I assume if they bowl a bit of both a-la Funky Miller then you can go and get ****ed.

watson

Banned
i don't even know who i-know-who is

the question makes me feel stupider every time i read it
If picking a fast bowler then > 31% of his wickets must be tailenders (8 to 11)

If picking a spinner then 32.6% to 37% of his wickets must be tailenders (8 to 11)

At least that's how I understand it. Fortunately Sydney Barnes fails both criteria so we don't have to get into any esoteric debates about whether he was a pacer or a spinner.

You could try going to the Player Profile on Howstat.com

Last edited:

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
If picking a fast bowler then > 31% of his wickets must be tailenders (8 to 11)

If picking a spinner then 32.6% to 37% of his wickets must be tailenders (8 to 11)

At least that's how I understand it. Fortunately Sydney Barnes fails both criteria so we don't have to get into any esoteric debates about whether he was a pacer or a spinner.

You could try going to the Player Profile on Howstat.com
Yeah that's what I understand as well. Statsguru doesn't have an easy way of doing it, you have to basically check each profile and calculate the %. It does have the distribution under "wickets summary" view of a bowler's career summary page.

watson

Banned
Yeah that's what I understand as well. Statsguru doesn't have an easy way of doing it, you have to basically check each profile and calculate the %. It does have the distribution under "wickets summary" view of a bowler's career summary page.
Happy hunting Aldo!

Last edited: