• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clause-Mystery-Choice Draft Thread 2014

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ohno and morgieb haven't posted their teams yet.

In any event, would somebody else like to set up the poll? I will be gone for the next 12 hours or so.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
ohno and morgieb haven't posted their teams yet.

In any event, would somebody else like to set up the poll? I will be gone for the next 12 hours or so.
Umm.....

Michael Slater
Marvan Atapattu
Viv Richards*
Javed Miandad
Dudley Nourse
Brian McMillan (4)
Billy Barnes (3)
Ken Wadsworth+
Fred Trueman (2)
Muttiah Muralitharan (5)
Glenn McGrath (1)

A lot of stars but also quite a few average players. Interesting.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I would have classified Shaun Pollock as allrounder as he averages 32, and has hit 2 centuries, plus 16 fifties. Sure he was primarily a bowler because of his great partnership with Allan Donald, but anyone who averages more than 30 with the bat is a competent batsman. Therefore, perhaps there should be two categories of allrounder for future 'mystery' picks - 'bowling allrounder' and 'batting allrounder'.

However, that's all by-the-by as I'm sure no one minds Monk scoring Shaun Pollock anyway.
Wouldn't it be too obvious and not a mystery at all?

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
ohno's XI:

Geoff Boycott*
Sunil Gavaskar
Ricky Ponting
Denis Compton (5)
Arthur Shrewsbury
Kris Srikkanth
Chris Cairns (3)
Budhi Kunderan+
Wasim Akram (1)
Shane Warne (4)
Khan Mohammad (2)

Kind of meh.
I have Warne, and Akram, with two decent supporting bowlers. Gavaskar and Boycott are near as good an opening partnership as ever drafted, Ponting, Compton and Shrewsbury is a punishing middle order and 7-11 should contribute a fair share of runs. But i didn't put much effort into the categories and boxes, and it shows. Some of you have drafted immense teams, so well played to you three who i'll be voting for.