• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clause-Mystery-Choice Draft Thread 2014

Howe_zat

Audio File
Funnily enough, when looking at the 'bowlers to take lots of tailend wickets' stat, I noticed that Miller had an extremely small percentage. He's a bit of an anomaly in that he'd open the bowling in a good side, so presumably his role was to get top order players out and then rarely bowl later. I don't think anyone has a bowling role, and the record it's made, quite like it.

I pick his partner in crime Ray Lindwall.

Here's a card where Lindwall got Walcott out in the first innings and Miller got him in the second, thus working for my post and Weeman's

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
Round X:

Bagapath - Everton Weekes
AldoRaine18 - Keith Miller
Weeman27bob - Clyde Walcott
Howe_zat - Ray Lindwall
ohnoitsyou - Denis Compton
morgieb
watson
Monk

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
1. Hutton
2. Rowe
3. Hammond
4. Tendulkar
5. Kallis
6. De Villiers
8. Lindwall
9. Turner
10. Amir
11. O'Reilly

I like how my #7 can be pretty much anything going into the last mystery round. Probably a batsman unless a much better keeper than AB is available.

watson

Banned
Am I allowed to hint? - Go the ATG middle-order batsman Morgieb who averages over 53, or one of the ATG allrounders.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Monk's XI

- Barry Richards
- Bruce Mitchell (6)
- Charlie Macartney (5)
- Brian Lara
- John Wright
- Shane Watson (4)
- Wilfred Rhodes (3)

- George Fullerton +
- Joel Garner (2)
- Dennis Lillee (1)

Need another quick probably. Wright might be out of place in the middle order, but South Africa's two best openers of all time (apart from Smith) sit nicely at the top there. Top 4 are solid now, which is good because for a while I thought Watson and Wright were going to be opening for us.

Happy with my opening bowling combo, and there are plenty of spin options with Rhodes leading the way backed up by Macartney and Mitchell. Watto can trundle a few down too.

watson

Banned
Mitchell did spend 23 innings at No.3 if you want to swap Wright back into his traditional position. Just a thought.

Red

There is also Harold Larwood who would fit nicely into your attack?
Yeh. Prefer the elite opening bat at the moment, and Mitchell is as good as anyone. Hoping I can pick up someone that'll round out my pace bowling in the last rd.

Will see what Rd XI throws up.

Red

Mitchell did spend 23 innings at No.3 if you want to swap Wright back into his traditional position. Just a thought.
That's true, but I prefer the GG at #3 and Lara at #4, where they belong in my head. Wright will be ok in the middle order. Happy to have the big guns at the top of the order.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Round X

Bagapath - Everton Weekes
AldoRaine18 - Keith Miller
Weeman27bob - Clyde Walcott
Howe_zat - Ray Lindwall
ohnoitsyou - Denis Compton
morgieb - Dudley Nourse
watson - Stan McCabe
Monk - Bruce Mitchell

Red

Damn Aldo getting Miller in Rd10. He would've suited me perfectly!

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
All right, then. We have finally made it to the final round, people. Please allow me a little time to take stock of what positions you all need to fill, so I can make appropriate mystery boxes :)

watson

Banned
OK thanks Monk.

And incidently....

01. Eddie Barlow
02. Conrad Hunte
03. Stan McCabe
04. Graeme Pollock
05. Tom Graveney
06. Aubrey Faulkner
07. Mike Procter
08. A KEEPER