• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI Cricket - Mike Hussey or Michael Bevan?

ODIs only - Hussey or Bevan?

• Mike Hussey

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Michael Bevan

Votes: 20 71.4%

• Total voters

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bevan for me, by a decent but not outrageous margin. Hussey also great in that role, but not quite Bevo standard for mine.

Burgey

Bevan.

Hussey > Bevan in first innings
Bevan >>>> Hussey in chases

plus, Hussey was s#!& in WCs
Hussey barely got a hit in 07, and came straight back from injury into the '11 WC, but it's true, his record at the only tourney which counts does go against him, as it should every batsman's who fails in knock out games in that event.

morgieb

It's kinda like the gap between Mark Waugh and Tendulkar. Hussey is a very good player, but if you had to pick one it's pretty obvious which one's getting taken first.

vcs

Hussey was better to watch and a class Test player as well. So a better batsman than Bevan overall, but you'd have to go with Bevan in ODIs.

Burgey

It's kinda like the gap between Mark Waugh and Tendulkar. Hussey is a very good player, but if you had to pick one it's pretty obvious which one's getting taken first.
Agreed. Waugh’s bowling and fielding sets him apart.

OverratedSanity

Not very well known Tendulkar fact: In 1998, Tendulkar's best year in odis which is mostly remembered for his insane batting, he took 24 wickets @ 26,including a 5fer and a 4fer against Australia.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The key thing to remember is that Bevan was much better against the short ball than Sangakkara

Agent TBY

International Captain
Not very well known Tendulkar fact: In 1998, Tendulkar's best year in odis which is mostly remembered for his insane batting, he took 24 wickets @ 26,including a 5fer and a 4fer against Australia.
fmd, this **** is "not very well known" now? I still remember watching that Cochin game.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
fmd, this **** is "not very well known" now? I still remember watching that Cochin game.
I remember Richie Benaud lamenting the fact that Tendulkar didn't want to practice his bowling enough to be a genuine all rounder.

vcs

Only Azhar got the best out of him as a bowler TBH (especially in ODIs), Ganguly and later captains couldn't quite manage it.

stephen

Hussey barely got a hit in 07, and came straight back from injury into the '11 WC, but it's true, his record at the only tourney which counts does go against him, as it should every batsman's who fails in knock out games in that event.
He got more hits in 07 than in 11, but he only played 9 innings out of 15 matches and in most of those he came in very late in the innings.

harsh.ag

Only Azhar got the best out of him as a bowler TBH (especially in ODIs), Ganguly and later captains couldn't quite manage it.
Tbf they needed it less as well. Sehwag and Yuvi could do the job. Ganguly himself as well, of course, with that anime run up of his.