• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shoaib in new feud with Inzi

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
It comes as no surprise that there are fresh reports of a clash between Shoaib & Inzi.

Apparently after the loss on Saturday night at Wellington, Shoaib told some players of the Pakistan team that they should be prepared for him to take over as captain on their return to Pakistan.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Shoaib has denied the fact that he wants to be captain several times. He has said he nver has aspirations to be captain, but on other occassions has hinted otherwise. I think it would be a good move. Inzamam, as good a player as he is, doesnt seem like a very good captain at all, and I never thought he would be.

Craig

World Traveller
Pakistan is like the Holland football team, a team full of very good players (like Holland) and are a more then decent side (like Holland) but have a history of in fighting etc. (like Holland).

krkode

State Captain
To me Razzaq or Youhana seem like better captains than Akhtar. I wouldn't want a player banned before for disciplinary measures leading my team...

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
Why don't they elect a commitee to captain the team. Can't be worse than this revolving door policy.

Deja moo

International Captain
Shoaib as captain may be a good move......He has more or less sorted out his game now and hence is less liable to be dropped for poor play. As for non cricketing reasons for him to be dropped, I think captaincy will sober him down so that he is more responsible..( as it did with Ponting).

Anyway Inzi was at best a stop gap arrangement, Razzaq isnt sure to be in the team consistently....

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Craig said:
Pakistan is like the Holland football team, a team full of very good players (like Holland) and are a more then decent side (like Holland) but have a history of in fighting etc. (like Holland).
Couldn't have put it better myself! 8D

anzac

International Debutant
Craig said:
yeah it still makes me misty eyed that we were deprived of Ruud Guillet & Marc Van Basten in the WC..............

:(

anzac

International Debutant
just because he has a beef with the Captain doesn't mean that the Coach will back him............

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Inzi's hardly leading by example is he?

That dreadful fielding lapse in Wellington where he gave up 4 runs was inexcusable - that was NZ's margin of victory!

Also, the buffoon could have broken his ankle trying to stop the ball like that.

Let the man concentrate on his batting.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I never really believed Inzamam would make much of a captain - Mushtaq thought he was going to be offered it and he'd IMO make a good captian. Shame is, he hasn't distinguished himself in the last 6 years in Test-cricket.
Pakistan haven't had a really good captain since Imran - Wasim was the best of a bad bunch.
Infighting may never be an escapable part of Pakistani cricket. But it's such a crying shame. I don't, personally, think Akhtar would make a good captain at all and he's jeopardising everything he's worked for in the last 6 months.
Pakistani cricket must make those who feel in it's interests tear out their hair daily.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
YoYo (yousuf youhana) should be captain. I think he is only cool head in that lot.

Pakistan are just a wonderful team to watch though -- one an off day, they would lose to a bunch of schoolboys.
When they are on song though, they can smash the bejesus out of Australia in Australia.

Definitely the most talented outfit in the world.

FRAZ

International Captain
Wasim said a captain must be appointed for 2 years . I guess Moin should be given one more chance and should be atleast for 2 years .

FRAZ

International Captain
Craig said:
Well said