• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal Action Reported

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, but even if he doesn't bowl a quicker ball in the group stages I suspect an umpire will report him for a few deliveries.
Then he would be only tested on the delivberies that particular umpire has officiated.

Hang on, we don't know whether it's the case as ICC keeps it secret.

Noah

School Boy/Girl Captain
Then he would be only tested on the delivberies that particular umpire has officiated.

Hang on, we don't know whether it's the case as ICC keeps it secret.
Secret from the general public. I'm sure the players and the board are privy to the details and the report.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Secret from the general public. I'm sure the players and the board are privy to the details and the report.
Haha I wouldn't engage captain pugnacious with comments such as these unless you're seeking a particularly snide and defensive reply.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Aparticular bowler is able to bowl a special delivery and has bowled it in the past, but refrains bowling it in the observation period (and keeps it for the knockouts). Now can ICC test for the delivery he has never bowled during that period, but he is capable of bowling? I don't think players / boards know the naswer.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Is that out of the hand? Doesn't really need to be said, but balls lose speed as they travel towards the batsmen and bounce, so if they're not using the same measurement out of the hand that is used in the telecasts, then it's no surprise that they get something significantly lower.

EDIT:
Still raises questions, obvs