• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal Action Reported

TNT

Banned
More like the ICC should have cracked down earlier to give him a chance to correct his action early on.
Pakistan have a cricket bowling coach who should have told him to correct his action. ICC had been warning players that a crackdown was coming and to correct their actions. By ignoring the warnings and deliberately throwing instead of bowling left the ICC no option.

smash84

The Tiger King
Pakistan have a cricket bowling coach who should have told him to correct his action. ICC had been warning players that a crackdown was coming and to correct their actions. By ignoring the warnings and deliberately throwing instead of bowling left the ICC no option.
Why would the coach ask him to correct his action if the ICC didn't consider it illegal? :wacko:

Last edited:

andmark

International Captain
Why would the coach ask him to correct his action if the ICC didn't consider it illegal? :wacko:
I suppose lots of people thought of it as dodgy (albeit with previous ICC approval of his action) and so they could have at least tested it with a private tester after receiving the warning just to be sure and to avoid the embarrassment and inconvenience of him being banned just before the World Cup- giving him more time to change his action. It would have been tactically wise for Pakistan as well as reducing the controversy around it, with it all being done voluntarily.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Got no problem if he bowls with that action.

I'm sure it'll deteriorate over time though so there should be regular testing for ****s who make a comeback.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It is understood that Ojha's action had been under the scanner for more than a year now, which was one of the reasons why he disappeared from the selectors' radar despite being one of the quickest Indian bowlers to reach 100 Test wickets....

Earlier this month, Ojha was released by Mumbai Indians ahead of the 2015 IPL season.
Finally a decent answer to the puzzle why Ojha was dropped. Well done to all the people involved here.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Excellent work from the BCCI there.

Really hope WICB are doing the same with Narine but it's impossible to know what's going on behind the scenes.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Excellent work from the BCCI there.

Really hope WICB are doing the same with Narine but it's impossible to know what's going on behind the scenes.
They made a press release saying he would be responsible for his rehabilitation. So I doubt it.

andmark

International Captain
It may have been said already (with over 1000 posts in this thread, I'm sure I can be forgiven for not checking), but with the controversy of chucking in order to do the doosra and all the rest of it, does that mean that leg spin will become more popular over the next few years?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rather hoping it will mean that the doosra will become less popular, indeed extinct

The problem with leg spin, and the main barrier to its popularity, is that it is difficult to bowl well - if you want to encourage leg spin, particularly in England where the wickets are seldom hard or bouncy, then the best way to do it would be to, as Bradman suggested (after he had retired) make it possible to get an lbw to a ball pitching outside leg

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It may have been said already (with over 1000 posts in this thread, I'm sure I can be forgiven for not checking), but with the controversy of chucking in order to do the doosra and all the rest of it, does that mean that leg spin will become more popular over the next few years?
Off spinners have done alright for majority of cricket's history without the doosra though right?

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
The world's best finger spinner has been operating without a doosra ( the real thing not that carrom ball 'doosra' bull****) for his entire career, I suspect flight, drift, spin and guile will become more popular now