• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ajmal Action Reported

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Definitely strengthens the argument that testing needs to be more standardised. His action hasn't really deteriorated over the last few years or anything.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It is fun to see how prurists getting ********* repeatedly by science.

First it was, bowlers should bowl with a straight arm - proven wrong
Doosra cannot be bowled legally - proven wrong
Naked eye can pick cbhucking - proven wrong it is not possible within 15 degrees.

Next will be this, even with clean actions you can chuck. I will be there to laugh at the stupid prurists on that day.
Us prurists really ****ed today......

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Ah but was he tested in a Migara approved facility? They better not have been in cahoots with those charlatans down in Cardiff.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
How bad does cricket look now? Absolute farce that he was allowed to throw his way around the world for 5 years.

grecian

Point being, would be be cleared today with the better testing methods and technology?
Just pointless speculation, and not sure it helps. Let's move on. If you always believed Murali was clean or not clean this test on a totally different bowler isn't going to change your view either way.

I'm just glad that the Testing is catching players. It's all we've ever wanted.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Point being, would be be cleared today with the better testing methods and technology?
No one knows. Better not to speculate one way or another.

And why are people acting as though no one was ever banned in Murali's time? There were several bans and Murali was cleared. Logical conclusion is tha we have to accept that he was clean.

harsh.ag

Well, sad that he was a chucker. Not sad he got caught. Glad they have got better methods this time around (It is a better system hopefully). I wish they do a lot more tests on a lot more players.

eroticfishcake

U19 Vice-Captain
On most websites i visit there are quite a few comments over the legality of Ashwin's action. I mean why? His is one of the cleanest around

CWB304

U19 Cricketer
What a mess! Someone should reopen the Sanga thread; this news should result in the reduction of his average by a good five points ;-)

Valer

First Class Debutant
This is tremendous blow. I confess being sympathetic to spin bowlers who bring more variety and skill into the game, even if the actions looked dodgy. So I feel bad for Ajmal.
Pace bowlers probably ball tamper and likely take PEDs given the state of drug testing in cricket. Its just so happens that the method that spin bowlers prefer is being clamped down on. I know I'd be frustrated if I bowled spin.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
On most websites i visit there are quite a few comments over the legality of Ashwin's action. I mean why? His is one of the cleanest around
Didn't he say something rather foolish recently about how he could adopt long sleeve shirts in order to chuck?

Probably driven off the back of that comment.