• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ian Chappell's Latest Whinge

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Don't mind Ali, didn't get to see the Tests where he got most of his wickets.

Be surprised if he got through a 5 test series in Australia though.

Flem274*

123/5
How did Vettori get by then? He was a tall finger spinner known for his flight, dip, pace variations etc and not for big spin. Was he just that good at what he was good at that he got away with it?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
How did Vettori get by then? He was a tall finger spinner known for his flight, dip, pace variations etc and not for big spin. Was he just that good at what he was good at that he got away with it?
Spent the last eight years being hard to get away rather than really tempting blokes to play strokes against him. Unlike before his back issues.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Perera from SL is the best legal off spinner currently, anyone who does well against Amla and AB is automatically better.
Nathan Lyon is the WPNCO (Worlds Premier Non-Chucking Offie). The rest are shamed my comparison with him. It used to be Swan but Lyon so out-bowled him here that Swan retired in disgrace.

DriveClub

International Regular
Nathan Lyon is the WPNCO (Worlds Premier Non-Chucking Offie). The rest are shamed my comparison with him. It used to be Swan but Lyon so out-bowled him here that Swan retired in disgrace.
Lyon doesn't even turn the ball, he's a hack just like you

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I don't think tall or short bowlers have an advantage, it just comes down to how you use your physical attributes, Lyon uses his height well to get bounce and Herath uses his lack of height well to conceal his glorious arm ball
A post about Herath discussing physical attributes and no mention of his awesome fattyness? Poor form.