• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Preparation is massive for a fast bowler: Cricket Web Shane Bond Interview

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great job Venkat ! :) Some good questions there. Though Bond's answers could have been more fun :P

My favorite pace bowler of the early 00s. He seems to have mellowed down a lot.

I would say probably the second to last day of the Test against West Indies in 2006 at Eden Park, Auckland. I think they were cruising along in the fourth innings and in one spell I got three wickets, including Brian (Lara) out for a golden duck. We went on to win the Test match the next day and I finished with a 5fer.
Yup, great spell.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
"Yes, in hindsight I could have made myself better in terms of longevity by pulling back the throttle a little bit from time to time, but that was just me. I always felt I offered the best to the team and that role was to bowl fast and that is when I felt I was most effective and that is what I always tried to do"

Such a shame he essentially broke himself, but by god he was awesome till he lasted. Wouldnt have it any other way. Still remember when Bond ran through us a couple of times in 2002, there was a massive Bond craze here and youngsters in the streets started copying his ultra-***y action.

gvenkat

State Captain
Great job Venkat ! :) Some good questions there. Though Bond's answers could have been more fun :P

My favorite pace bowler of the early 00s. He seems to have mellowed down a lot.

Yup, great spell.
Thanks. That's how interviews go. But for the most part he was fun to talk to. Some answers have to be cliched unfortunately.

gvenkat

State Captain
"Yes, in hindsight I could have made myself better in terms of longevity by pulling back the throttle a little bit from time to time, but that was just me. I always felt I offered the best to the team and that role was to bowl fast and that is when I felt I was most effective and that is what I always tried to do"

Such a shame he essentially broke himself, but by god he was awesome till he lasted. Wouldnt have it any other way. Still remember when Bond ran through us a couple of times in 2002, there was a massive Bond craze here and youngsters in the streets started copying his ultra-***y action.
Yes. his 2002 exploits in the tri-series that caused Waugh to Quit ODI's was great..

indiaholic

International Captain

That was such a thing! I remember 3 out of the 5 bowlers in our school team had his action..