• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shahid Afridi, not a match winner but a match looser

Shahid Afridi, a match winner or loser?

• Total voters

otagoman

School Boy/Girl Captain
If Afridi was selected as a batsman or even an all rounder, then he underwhelmes, but hes really selected as a bowler and bowls his 10 overs most games...in that role, he is a fantastic cricketer....his batting then can become the icing........and to be fair, i actually liked how he bit the cricket ball trying to get an advantage....it at least showed me he was trying to win.....from memory that came not long after the spot fixing situations.

Sporty1079

Cricket Spectator
If Afridi was selected as a batsman or even an all rounder, then he underwhelmes, but hes really selected as a bowler and bowls his 10 overs most games...in that role, he is a fantastic cricketer....his batting then can become the icing........and to be fair, i actually liked how he bit the cricket ball trying to get an advantage....it at least showed me he was trying to win.....from memory that came not long after the spot fixing situations.
Yeah, I completely agree with you.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Afridi does get loose from time to time.

(This song is only just tolerable when that girl on the other side of the dance floor with a ridiculous ass is inexplicably eyeing you up.)

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
i actually liked how he bit the cricket ball trying to get an advantage....it at least showed me he was trying to win....
Da ****???

Yeah, I completely agree with you.
Ditto.

How do the both of you feel about the time Mr Afridi thought a bomb scare in the stadium was the perfect opportunity to dig up the wicket whilst (he thought) no one was watching??

I guess at least it showed he was at least trying to win eh.........

Flem274*

123/5
How do the both of you feel about the time Mr Afridi thought a bomb scare in the stadium was the perfect opportunity to dig up the wicket whilst (he thought) no one was watching??
wait what?:laugh:

personally i feel that's fantastic.

Flem274*

123/5
Haters can gtf. Afridi's great.

Reckon his bowling's criminally under-rated tbh.
yup. he's the most annoying player in the world when he's hitting your team around the park (it's funny when it happens to someone else) but i love his bowling most of all. a brilliant bowling allrounder in ODIs.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
wait what?:laugh:

personally i feel that's fantastic.
2005 Test series v England. Gas tank explodes outside the stadium, everyone gets distracted as it might have been a bomb. Afridi clocks that no-one's looking and does a dance on a good length to rough the pitch up.

Except he didn't check properly, because KP and a couple of the other England players clocked it.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
2005 Test series v England. Gas tank explodes outside the stadium, everyone gets distracted as it might have been a bomb. Afridi clocks that no-one's looking and does a dance on a good length to rough the pitch up.

Except he didn't check properly, because KP and a couple of the other England players clocked it.
Not to mention all of the television cameras.