• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand 'A' Tour of U.K., 2014

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
yeah, as mentioned above, quite ridiculous when they have Bopara (13 tests, 108 ****ing ODIs) and Bairstow (13 tests, 7 ODIs) in their team.

Last edited:

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
it's not our fault we have a strong reserve pool of players compared to england's bare cupboards

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
For some reason I thought Bopara had played way more Tests than 13. I mean, even Jeets got to 19.

Flem274*

123/5
Guys stop getting grumpy and savour the warm warm tears.

We will never get credit, ever, and certainly not from the English. "Team X capitulate to hard working honest fighters - lowest point in Team X's history?" translates to "New Zealand outplayed Team X." It has always been that way and always will be. I for one hope to drown in tears during the next decade or so.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Those were three beautiful dismissals by Henry. Particularly love the lbw, sliding the ball past the outside edge to catch the batsman plum in front isn't something you see all that often.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Did NZC really pay for Brownlie to go to India for two weeks to remedy his spin woes, about the same time they were sending Rob Nicol to county cricket? Didn't pay off for us.

91Jmay

International Coach
Elliot and Bracewell belong in a 3rd "Properly tried, tested and binned" category. Guys like them probably wouldn't play for a lot of other A-teams - though then again England did pick Bopara for this series.
Bopper is a pretty solid ODI player to be honest, not sure about this comment - unless you mean he is a waste of a place in an A side because he is already a frontline player. Which I agree with!

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Brownlie has a lovely pull shot, I must admit. So good rocking onto the back foot.

EDIT: So it, erm, turns out I was about 3 hours behind on the stream. Awkward.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Watling WAFG. Shame Ronchi will be preferred for #CWC15 because @Hesson likes #ShotsOffBothFeet and #HomeGroundKnowledge.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
So how can we fit Henry into Tests? Drop the spinning pretense and just launch him as 4th seamer?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Brownlie has a lovely pull shot, I must admit. So good rocking onto the back foot.

EDIT: So it, erm, turns out I was about 3 hours behind on the stream. Awkward.
I like a good pull. Some of those pulls were not from long hops either.

He doesn't roll his wrists he just keeps his bat on an even plane through the ball.

I used to have a very good pull. I don't get the deliveries to do it more than 1-2 times per season now as the bowlers are too smart in my grade and refuse to drop it short, But if I adopted Brownlies strategies I could probably put away a few more.