Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: New Zealand 'A' Tour of U.K., 2014

Request Your Custom Title Now! Flem274*'s Avatar
    Just a case of Plunket Shield tactics not working in other countries I think.

They might have put a billion on the board at Westpac Stadium, with no one there to watch because Heef has barricaded the gates.
    Hurricane likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Jeets doesn't really deserve to be bowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlai View Post
    Well yeah Tendy is probably better than Bradman, but Bradman was 70 years ago, if he grew up in the modern era he'd still easily be the best. Though he wasn't, can understand the argument for Tendy even though I don't agree.
    Proudly supporting Central Districts
    RIP Craig Walsh

Last edited by Kippax; 05-08-2014 at 01:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Abacus View Post
    Another exaggerated personality stereotype conspiracy brought to you by Kippax.
    NZ RAIN RADAR . TAB CRICKET OPTIONS . KIPPAX CRICKET . DOOR TO THE VAULT

Dougeh's wrist and release still haven't recaptured their 2011 form. No outswing to report.

Drinks at Bristol - New Zealand A are 89-2. Brownlie going steady on 52 (49) but has offered a couple of chances.
    42nd over ends with Dean Brownlie finding long-on to end his innings on 115. Well batted that man. New Zealand A 238-6
    Looks like a very virile attempt to put a good total on the board from NZA. Disappointed in the lack of game sense from the in-form CdG, but not too surprised.

Cricket Web Staff Member stumpski's Avatar
    We have a match now, 20 overs bowled - and there's no guarantee of that today.

Lions struggling somewhat at 94-4.

International Vice-Captain King Pietersen's Avatar
    Willey finished with 5-62, superb effort. Hopefully he'll smash a few at the end and lead the Lions to victory.
    www.proudtofight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, wow, what a shot, that is awesome...it's a repeat of his six off Muralitharan at Edgbaston, as he switches his grip and reverse-hits Styris over deep cover (or should that be deep square-leg) for a memorable maximum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricinfo
    Styris to Pietersen, SIX, that's the most extraordinary shot, he switches his grip to that of a left-hander and launches Stryis high over long-off for a might six. That is one of the more incredible shots you'll see

Yep, his first 5-for in one-day cricket - and he's in now. Smith gone. Bit of a pressure wicket that, only two singles had come from the previous seven balls.

Ton up for Jonny B, England still breathing.

Well, good performances which is what this is all about. Yet hopefully people can stop with this being a better side than the real one.

They're by far a more exciting team, but as a Somerset fan I know exciting isn't always winning.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

International Debutant theegyptian's Avatar
    Went along today to the game at Bristol. Was a decent enough game. Kept the crowd interested until the end.

Willey got 5 but looked powder puff lite at times. Munro randomely missed a big full toss and there were a couple of other cheap wickets. I really doubt he's good enough for international cricket at the moment as an opening bowler (which he would have to be as a swing bowler who bowls it at ~78mph). Could maybe get a run at t20 but a little lacking imo at the present time. Gurney and Topley are better bowling options but obviously don't offer Willey's batting.

Finn probably tried too hard and too much on your typical slow Bristol wicket but still could have picked up a couple of other wickets. Coverton was the opposite and bowled well not giving much away

In all truth NZ should have got 320 but went too hard, too early. England imo should have chased it down but NZ fast bowlers bowled better than the English early on. Henry was probably the best bowler on show for the day and caused problems early on.

Some more general points and opinions about the chances of these players making the England ODI and T20 side gleamed from this season.

Imo Hales should now get his chance in the ODI side. He's worked hard, changed his technique a little and gained more consistency this season. Not convinced he will succeed but I'm happy enough should he get the chance (as opposed to 6 months ago when I thought he definitely shouldn't).

Vince shouldn't get a chance in ODI (but maybe T20). He's had a terrible time with the lions in a variety of conditions. He needs to make bigger scores against better opposition. He also seems to get out a lot lbw shuffling across and then playing down the wrong line/to leg.

Roy a T20 callup but no way ODI yet. He's got the talent but still very raw.

Bairstow is doing well but should be left to continue his OD development before any thoughts of a recall.

Finn will presumably come back in to the ODI side. Hope he goes well. Other bowlers aren't really international standard at present. Gotta persevere with Jordan, Gurney, Tredwell (and dare i say keep Bresnan around as much for his improved batting which could have him at 7 if Eng change tactics)

International Vice-Captain Days of Grace's Avatar
    The disgusting Ish Sodhi looks like he has fluked a couple of tail-end wickets, thus riding on the coattails of the seam bowlers whilst also denying them further deserved wickets.
    Greatest Ever Test XI: JB Hobbs, L Hutton, DG Bradman (c), IVA Richards, BC Lara, GS Sobers, AC Gilchrist (wk), Imran Khan, RJ Hadlee, MD Marshall, SK Warne 12th man: M Muralitharan

Favorite XI: WG Grace, VT Trumper, IVA Richards, DCS Compton, FMM Worrell (c), AC Gilchrist (wk), CL Cairns, SK Warne, FS Trueman, SE Bond, T Richardson 12th man: H Larwood

Blockying?

Is Henry injured or are they just rotating?

U19 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    ...Is Henry injured or are they just rotating?
    Looks like rotation to me, every seamer has had at least 1 game off.

On top of a pile of money, surrounded by many beautiful women
    Quote Originally Posted by Days of Grace View Post
    The disgusting Ish Sodhi looks like he has fluked a couple of tail-end wickets, thus riding on the coattails of the seam bowlers whilst also denying them further deserved wickets.
    Where is this coming from? Just because Sodhi isn't good enough to play test cricket yet, that doesn't mean he deserves to be labelled "disgusting", or that his successes are worthy of nothing but derision. Seriously crap post.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Maow like no one can hear you maowing.

DoG's pretty clearly sending up Blocky, tbh.
    hendrix likes this.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information