• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand 'A' Tour of U.K., 2014

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Is the rain bad? Was keen to see how this match would go, love how cricinfo hasn't pulled Dickwella from the squad yet

Flem274*

123/5
yeah i've heard some pretty bad things about him from hamilton club cricketers that i wouldn't dare repeat here in case it's not true.

but if it is i can't think of a better candidate for sacrificial opener next time we play a test match against mitchell johnson.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
See a couple of South African type-As poured cold water on New Zealand's "pentecostal fire" overnight. :(

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
New Zealand A’s batsmen crumbled against the spin of Seekkuge Prasanna in Cardiff and fell short of the Duckworth-Lewis target of 136 by 14 runs in their tour game against Sri Lanka A.

New Zealand A made a blazing start to the chase with a flurry of boundaries and were 61 for 1 in the seventh over but Prasanna struck in each of his four overs to reduce the team to 96 for 6 after 15 overs. The Sri Lanka A bowlers kept the pressure on the lower order and bowled New Zealand A out for 121 in the 20th over.
Seekkuge again, eh.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Chatarunga de Silva bossing it as well, looks like we have a few decent guys on the fringe of the LO set-up in SL, Seekkuge, Chatarunga, Priyanjan

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Tbf, thats some seriously good drift and dip. Those ****s who were out sweeping or hoicking across the line needed to be playing much straighter.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Kippax, does your viewing tell us if Bracewell bowled well, or just hit the deck hard and beat batsmen for pace ala Bennett?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Kippax, does your viewing tell us if Bracewell bowled well, or just hit the deck hard and beat batsmen for pace ala Bennett?
Nah there's no footage from this current tour in the vault yet.

I actually watched a bit of 2011 Dougeh the other day, I was trying to pinpoint the exact match where he lost it.

So yeah, he came back from Hobart and still had a hold over the domestix until about New Year's Eve, 2011. God knows what happened that night.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah he's always been like that. Massively improved his 'batting'/hitting lately too; I'd strongly consider him for the World Cup in Aus/NZ where more orthodox spin bowling techniques are nerfed.
I wonder if he'd have to bat at 7 to justify his selection though, not sure we'd play him at 8 or lower

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Finn was scheduled to be playing for England Lions in the triangular series against New Zealand A and Sri Lanka A and he has been replaced in that squad by Warwickshire fast bowler Boyd Rankin
Was hoping Jason Roy would be joined by another 'so hot right now' Surrey product tbh, Matt Dunn.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Yuck. I know it's a T20 but most of those wickets were ****ing horrific. Surely batsmen can still at least ask bowlers to get them out with a decent delivery.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Awesome, nice to see the NZ boys still trying to mow Seekkuge across the line
I can't blame Bradburn this time. :(

I relished the chance for some exaggerated personality stereotyping the last time there was a virulently slow-learning and wasteful mood in the air of the NZ A setup. I'll have to pin this on last year's co-captain (Devcich) from now on.