• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand 'A' Tour of U.K., 2014

Blain

U19 Captain
Very average looking batting order.. Bloody Devcich holding the order together!! Where's Bracewell and Mitchell.

Elliott.. Seriously?

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Wellington had to be thrown a bone for our Ford Trophy win, obvs, and Elliott's made a 70-odd for New Zealand within the last 12 months.

Made a recent impression on Santner, Popli and the rest of ND with lethal swing bowling at Cobham Oval. Friendly personality, ideal senior pro communication skills, a bit like Fulton in the Windies.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Anton Devcich, on 45, has just hit a Michael Leask full toss to long-off. A soft way to go.
Recent cricket for Munro and Watling should see a big 6th wicket partnership tbh. This Northants attack really isn't up to it.

Blain

U19 Captain
Munro and CDG putting the foot down. Probably the 2 most destructive guys we have behind Ryder and Anderson.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Don't see the problem with this batting lineup tbh. Rutherford probably shouldn't be playing limited overs but other than that they're all there or thereabouts.

Flem274*

123/5
Rudds, Devcich and late career Elliott aren't the greatest one day batsmen.

I hope we get to see highlights of this. Molin de Golin make up for what they lack in technique with ridiculous ability to see a ball and hit it really really far at this level. If either of them had been crafted better in their youth to bat with reasonable techniques they'd be test cricketers. Molin did come to batting late, and it's surprising his ability wasn't spotted earlier in his club career.

edit: I swear half an hour ago NZ were something like 120/4. How fast has this actually been?

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Not sure what Michael Leask is in his team to do since he's played so few games and is probably being blooded for the future but bowling him at Molin was cruel.
Leask to Munro, 1 leg bye
Leask to Munro, SIX
Leask to Munro, FOUR
Leask to Munro, FOUR
Leask to Munro, FOUR
Leask to Munro, no run

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
This is like watching Under-15s batting against Under-11s. It's almost cruel but in an entertaining way. 293-4
300 up in the 41st over. 150 from Munron who has gone from 50 to 150 in 50 balls. Babies with sweets would offer more resistance
Yeah, this is what I feared the bulk of this tour would be all about tbh.

Big Kiwi jocks, finding some anonymous English and Scottish women to tuck money into their g-strings, wax lyrical about their "pentecostal fire", and so on. Disappointed we didn't get into the current Darwin tourney.

Flem274*

123/5
If bullying gets Watling in the world cup team then I'm all for it.

Colin to give him some strike so he can get his 50

edit: Chambers wac

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Northants send out their Under 12's team?
Seems plausible given Anton scored 43, at a fairly good clip of 63 per 100 v pre teens too.

I bet he sledged the kiddies mercilessly when he hit those four boundaries as well. 'Go fetch it ****ers'

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Sodhi felt at least the Northants batting made the game worthwhile.

"Chin up, your county contract isn't far away" - Jeets

Howsie

International Captain
Seems plausible given Anton scored 43, at a fairly good clip of 63 per 100 v pre teens too.

I bet he sledged the kiddies mercilessly when he hit those four boundaries as well. 'Go fetch it ****ers'
Probs. **** cricketer, even ****ter person.