• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Zimbabwe 2014

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
De Lange looking quick, but appears to be a more side on Adam Milne. Would have Zimbabwe 5 down by now if he could pitch it on a length, as it is will go down as an 'unlucky' spell.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Disappointed that the Elton John performance wasn't good today. To be fair to Elton though, he'll be quite pleased if he can say I'm still standing at the end of the Zim innings.

Marius

International Debutant
Entire broadcast was on Radio2000 including post match interviews.
Well, that certainly wasn't the case with the Test match or the Sril Lanka games.

Perhaps there has been enough of a backlash that Radio 2000 saw that getting rid of cricket broadcasts was silly.

Without radio broadcasts most South Africans will have no way of following live cricket.

Energetic

U19 Cricketer
Zimbabwe are a joke now and its a shame given their rich history in Cricket. This ODI series despite South Africa missing key players has been so one-sided with massive margin of defeats despite Zimbabwe being at home. The good thing is that Australia and South Africa are getting these matches against Zimbabwe over and done with so they won't have to play them for a very long time and will have a valid excuse that they already played Zimbabwe so someone else can play them instead.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Well, that certainly wasn't the case with the Test match or the Sril Lanka games.

Perhaps there has been enough of a backlash that Radio 2000 saw that getting rid of cricket broadcasts was silly.

Without radio broadcasts most South Africans will have no way of following live cricket.
Maybe it is region based but I remember listening to the final test match on R2000

While I agree with you that very little is done to market the games for listeners on R2000 (maybe with the hopes of letting it fade away) there are still many listeners.

Last edited:

Marius

International Debutant
Maybe it is region based but I remember listening to the final test match on R2000

While I agree with you that very little is done to market the games for listeners on R2000 (maybe with the hopes of letting it fade away) there are still many listeners.
Never said there aren't many listeners.

I don't know why the SABC doesn't have a dedicated sports broadcasting station, to be honest.