• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* South Africa in Zimbabwe 2014

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Nyumbu seems to be a real hope for the future for the Zimbabweans. Hope he plays county soon!
He's nearly 30 so not sure how much of a hope for the future he is. As for playing county cricket, why would any county want him?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
It's one only and I'm not sure he'd qualify anyway as they've got new ruled in place to keep out rubbish overseas players.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
And good overseas players, as it happens.

Northants still spewing that Trent Copeland wasn't allowed back after basically being their version of Will Gidman, only better.

Marius

International Debutant
I didnt listen today, but they usually have very thorough broadcasts.
Then you haven't listened lately, my friend.

Radio 2000 is cutting back on its cricket coverage, and sports coverage in general.

Apparently the station manager wants it to become a more commercial station.

If you don't have DSTV in South Africa, you will find it very difficult to follow cricket in South Africa anymore.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
I listened to the Sri Lanka series. not sure if there is enough interest in zim.

There was a series a few months ago Where for some reason the cricket broadcast stopped at 9... and that pissed a lot of people off, enough to reinstate commentary.

It could be called Radio 2000 extra

Last edited:

Marius

International Debutant
I listened to the Sri Lanka series. not sure if there is enough interest in zim.

There was a series a few months ago Where for some reason the cricket broadcast stopped at 9... and that pissed a lot of people off, enough to reinstate commentary.

It could be called Radio 2000 extra
As I recall the SL series didn't have complete coverage either.

And doesn't help if you can only stream Radio 2000 Xtra, and not listen to it like a normal radio station.

The SABC has no interest in cricket anymore, I wouldn't be surprised if not all the WI Tests are broadcast in their entirety.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
what are you talking abt mate... cricket on R2000 as we speak

I always listen too cricket at work.

Last edited:

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Well im not going to listen all day. But it has been uninterrupted so far. listen for yourself?

I think it was the aus series I cant remember they stopped broadcast at ten, but the public did NOT take that lying down..

Last edited:

Marius

International Debutant
Yeah as I said earlier in the thread, be prepared for this sort of crap with the new coach. He's under massive illusions as to the depth Zimbabwe cricket possesses.
Did they drop him, or are they giving either guys a chance in a dead rubber?