• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2014

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You mean 2nd behind Darren Sammy of course.
Haha. I love Sammy but his celebration during the Aust T20 match WC match after Faulkner's comments, whilst badass, changed from him being the best bloke to being just a champ. Amla and Younis would have probably just nodded their head and calmly walked off the field. To be best bloke you have to not go hard at the dickheads really, just smile at them.

smash84

The Tiger King
How can you already say that? (genuine qn, not watching)
Yeah, its a little early but the pitch is pretty good to bat on (any pitch where Pak can make 400 has to be good to bat on). I don't see teams getting out here cheaply (at least not twice)

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Younis WAG. Got to be the 2nd equal greatest Pakistani batsmen ever, and should move past Inzi if he keeps it together for another 2 years.

smash84

The Tiger King
Younis WAG. Got to be the 2nd equal greatest Pakistani batsmen ever, and should move past Inzi if he keeps it together for another 2 years.
You mean it will take younis another two years to be come a clear second or best batsman?

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, definitely better than Yousuf for me. I don't know if I'll rank him up there with Inzi no matter what, though. Fatty played some amazing knocks.

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Yeah, definitely better than Yousuf for me. I don't know if I'll rank him up there with Inzi no matter what, though. Fatty played some amazing knocks.
Younis is always going to be held back by playing tests less regularly than Inzi. He's shown he can perform in absolutely any conditions and can marauder any bowler when he's in the mood, but just like Sanga, he's had enough tours to rack up the big tonnes that will rank him up with the greats. Yeah, Inzi was incredible on his day, but he was terrible all too often, which is why i just can't rank him up there with the "silver tier ATG's"

SOPL

Cricket Spectator
Hope Dean Jones calls Ajmal an Al Qaeda bomber or something and gets banned. Really annoying commentator.
That would be somewhat amusing if it happened again but Ajmal has no beard - no possibility of such a stereotype being mentioned in reference to Ajmal. :)

Anyhow, Id rather listen to Dean Jones' commentary (Dean Jones being someone who knows something about Pakistan cricket and cricket in general) than having to endure Chisty's awful jokes and whatnot - "On your bike mate"...

So, Younis > Yousuf now right?
I always felt it was Younus Khan tbh. Yousuf was always more elegant but Younis had the ability to play those back-to-the-wall innings (like Inzi), whereas Yousuf always seemed to collapse due to pressure.

Besides, Yousuf's genuinely disrespectful and frustrating match analyses means I don't have much respect remaining for him anymore. Quite a disgusting man after cricket who has forgotten the importance of the beard in Islam and also his very humble innings (the fame seems to have gotten to his head after the 1788 record in 2006).

Is the great Khali injured? Was looking forward to seeing him bowl.
Unfortunately. The rumours have it that he will be disallowed from playing Tests in order to prolong his LOI career.

Last edited:

SOPL

Cricket Spectator
Just looked at the scorecard and discovered that Dilruwan Perera attained a five-wicket haul.

Even if he may have been the leading wicket-taker in SA's tour to Sri Lanka, he bowled atrociously yesterday and was dispatched to all parts by our batsmen - especially Younus Khan who took a particular liking to him with that excellent sweep shot of his.

51 runs in his first 10 overs, and his figures didn't improve much in economy after that - an economy rate of over 4, with only a singular maiden over in his 31.5 overs.

It seems to me that his wickets were rather easily gifted to him. I'll need to check the highlights to be sure though.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah well, a fifer is a fifer, he has the tendancy to be a bit expensive at times, and it's a worry given Herath hasn't got that long left.

Decent start with the bat though, hopefully we can bat through tomorrow and get close to 450 to leave this game open to all results

smash84

The Tiger King
Ajmal should have reviewed that lbw of Sanga. Pakistan making the same as error as SL did for Younis

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
I need some explanation about what this "Twilight: Paused, touch to resume" notification on your phone is all about. If you were watching that damn movie or listening to its soundtrack, you have lost ALL credibility with me. In fact, I would suggest you just self-ban yourself as punishment.
Don't be h8er cuz I'm team Edward.

Nah, it's an app that mimics f.lux for androids. Great for night reading.
There's an adblock app?
Yeah but it doesn't work the same as the browser app due to several limitations. It's not available on the google play store.