• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2014

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope this Lakmal injury forces the selectors/Mathews to realise that you need at least 2 front-line seamers every game and you also need Matthews bowling more earlier in the innings. You can't expect someone like Lakmal to remain injury free when he gets bowled into the ground in 35 degree heat like that

Last edited:

Jassy

Banned
probably a stretch to say that Aus and SA would take him in hindsight, but NZ would definitely take him over Wagner and England would take him over any of their 3rd or 4th seamers.
Very much doubt NZ would take him over Wagner tbh. Junaid's career is literally Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka and Sri Lanka. He's played 9/16 matches vs them and picked 40/56 vs them. Credit to him for doing well vs SL but he's got to play other teams more(and perform) to be rated higher. Wager's not exactly set the world on fire but he's played a variety of teams in different conditions so at least there's an indication as to how his career will shape up. With Junaid it is still all rather unknown. For the same reason I don't think England would take him over Finn or Plunkett either.

viriya

International Captain
Yeah that's why I never regarded him as a great spinner, boosting his career stats by playing Sri-Lanka every now and then :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
I would agree except that his vs SL record is nothing to write home about. 32 avg with no 10 wkt haul after 12 tests. If anything he could complain that he doesn't get to play Eng/NZ/WI/Zim/Ban more. Although his record is definitely helped by never having played India.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Playing much of your career against SL in the Sanga/Mahela/Samaraweera days as spinner couldn't have been easy as far as Ajmal is concerned

viriya

International Captain
Playing much of your career against SL in the Sanga/Mahela/Samaraweera days as spinner couldn't have been easy as far as Ajmal is concerned
Yes, it could be argued to be worse than bowling to India (especially since the retirement of the big three and Sehwag).

viriya

International Captain
This phase makes you question why Prasad was ever left out in the first place.. 5-10ks faster than Eranga/Lakmal and looks like his control is much better too.

Those eyes too..

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Cheer up smali. Ali is looking good, Younis will make runs and Misbah is still to come.
All out 340.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
his control is much better too.
No, but he is a wicket-taker, and he fits well into this attack with two spinners and Matthews bowling a little bit too, we've actually picked a well balanced team of players who deserve to be there, wait, no, Tharanga is playing, almost though.

Nuwan Pradeep has been holding Prasad back I'd say, was particularly unfair in England when Pradeep got the nod over him despite what happened in that warm-up game

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
geez I worry about Pakistan and Sri Lanka in the post MJ/Sanga and Misbah/Younis years

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
This partnership is the deal-breaker though, could take the game away from SL if they bat well, could fall apart completely and just about concede the test if they don't

smash84

The Tiger King
This partnership is the deal-breaker though, could take the game away from SL if they bat well, could fall apart completely and just about concede the test if they don't
Pak look extremely rusty. Coming back to test cricket after 7 months with no warm ups wasn't a great idea