• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Sri Lanka 2014

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
It was a fully deserved fifer, he bowled some really testing spells on a flat pitch against a very strong top order

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It was a fully deserved fifer, he bowled some really testing spells on a flat pitch against a very strong top order
I'm not saying it wasn't just saying it can be spinned both ways, it is not a game-changer.

Days of Grace

International Captain
That's why Sanga will never be rated in the top echelon. Gives it away when set too often and can't lead his team to victories. Another padded double century on a lifeless deck in a bore draw. Yawn.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Really dumb cricket from Pak this morning. Dug themselves into a hole, Azhar Ali is trying to get out every ball and that decision should have been reviewed. It wasn't out. If Sri Lanka can get Younis early, they will win this.

Spark

Global Moderator
Really not sure what Pakistan are playing at here. Surely you knock off the deficit before you start thinking about parking buses?

Blocky

Banned
Uh oh - two more wickets in the next session and Pakistan might just be adding to the whole "Sanga scoring a double tonne that wins his side the match"

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh man, it's still a flat pitch, why are Pakistan allowing us to put all the pressure on them, get through misbah and shafiq within the hour and we could really win this

Blocky

Banned
It's a flat pitch but you can't deny it's playing nicely for spinners at the moment - there is some good drift out there for both Herath (not normally someone who gets much) and Ajmal. The batsmen are making it easy for the spinners to just plug away at a length - it's what impressed me yesterday about Matthews. You come to expect Sanga and Jayawardene looking that composed against great spinners, but Matthews was handling Ajmal just as easily, you saw what happened with the rest of the batsmen once Ajmal had a chance to bowl at them.

It's a live match at this point - although Misbah has a great track record in these situations.

smash84

The Tiger King
Wow. SL definitely on the verge of victory. Pakistan 4 wickets down and still 12 runs behind. Woah. So i wqs wrong. Galle producing a result

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Verge of victory? Please, a half decent partnership or two and this is finished, would be shocked if we won this

Blocky

Banned
Verge of victory? Please, a half decent partnership or two and this is finished, would be shocked if we won this
Misbah just being Misbah gives this game a likely draw chance in my view, but if he goes within the next seven overs then I think Sri Lanka would be in the ascendancy.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Misbah just being Misbah gives this game a likely draw chance in my view, but if he goes within the next seven overs then I think Sri Lanka would be in the ascendancy.
Absolutely, but we gotta get him out before we think about that, lots of work to do yet was my point