• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Averaging 40 against and in all countries

subshakerz

International Coach
What about AB DeVilliers. If we exclude Bangladesh, he only misses out by averaging 39 against NZ. I back him to achieve this by the end of his career.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Sehwag scored runs against McGrath and Warne. He would have scored some runs against Wasim and Waqar I imagine. He wouldn't have dominated them, but the idea he'd have had no chance against them is just crazy.
Sehwag's one of the best batsmen I've seen vs. quality pace bowling on good batting surfaces. I don't remember him failing in that specific context pretty much ever.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Clarke is pretty close to this. Averages 39+ against and in every country except for some reason Bangladesh.

Averages 39.75 v pakistan and 39.26 v West Indies. Even a half decent series against them should be enough.

Last edited:

Riggins

International Captain
That's rubbish. Sehwag smashed a triple at Chennai and another hundred against in 2010 at Nagpur in the same innings Steyn ripped out 7. He's also clobbered Warne and especially Murali on several occasions. What on earth gives you the idea that he'd struggle against Wasim and Saqlain? Especially as he'd never play them outside the SC
good point.