• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Our prayers with David Hookes

PY

International Coach
Whoa, that completely and utterly shocked me when I read that.

What kind of a person does that?:(

I pray he makes a full recovery from his injuries and for his family to be given strength through these times and that he may continue his good work with Victoria.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
it shocks me that this sort of thing happens once, let alone more than once, so many people are being attacked like this in Australia, it is sad.

prayers are ofcourse with David hookes and his family and team.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Seems like someone finally had enough.

I was very shocked when I saw it, the artical though says he is in a coma but there is a strong posiblity he will pull through. Although I do think he only spoke rubbish I'd never wish this upon anyone. Get better soon David. I'll even forgive you!!!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rik said:
Seems like someone finally had enough.

I was very shocked when I saw it, the artical though says he is in a coma but there is a strong posiblity he will pull through. Although I do think he only spoke rubbish I'd never wish this upon anyone. Get better soon David. I'll even forgive you!!!
I wouldn't be so optimistic. The Fox Sports article says he 'technically died' and could suffer brain damage if he does come out of his coma.

It is a terrible incident and age you are right this is happening all to often in Australia.

All my thoughts are with Hooksey and his family.

iamdavid

International Debutant
:O
Was shocked when I saw that on TV.

Best wishes to Hookesy & his family , hopefully he makes a full recovery & can return his coaching role with Victoria next year , he's certainly doing a good job there.

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
Ok this is what i think and hope:

He WAS technicly dead, was revived, is now on life support machine in coma.

The guy has been charged, taken to court and bailed out.
http://au.news.yahoo.com/040118/2/nc21.html

And does anyone know if there are any plans to postbone the game starting this friday.

Get Well quickly Hookesy, for once Victoria needs a croweater.

hourn

U19 Cricketer
some of the most shocking news to hit australia and world cricket in a long time.

so very sad :(

and things, from what i can gather on the tele and radio here, are not looking good at all :(

Mister Wright

hourn said:
some of the most shocking news to hit australia and world cricket in a long time.

so very sad :(

and things, from what i can gather on the tele and radio here, are not looking good at all :(
Yeah, just saw the news, they said he was 'clinging' to life. Cricket Victoria will hold a press conference in about 1/2 an hour.

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
Mister Wright said:
Cricket Victoria will hold a press conference in about 1/2 an hour.

Thanks, will be trying to listen on SEN1116, that new radio station in melbourne (sports entertainment network, 24/7 sport)
Can other people listen on their stations, i'm sure one of them will broadcast it.

Mister Wright

Warne is god said:
Thanks, will be trying to listen on SEN1116, that new radio station in melbourne (sports entertainment network, 24/7 sport)
Can other people listen on their stations, i'm sure one of them will broadcast it.
Will do, if you hear anything, post it here.

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
The statement from Cricket Victoria, from the Vic Bushranger website:

"On behalf of the board, players and staff of Cricket Victoria, I'd like to say how saddened we are after learning of the injuries sustained by our coach David Hookes.

"Naturally our thoughts and prayers are with David and his family at this time.

"We have spoken to all our players and staff and most anxious for David and his family to know that all their thoughts are with them.

"I'd like to thank all the members of the public who have offered their support and best wishes during this most difficult period."

Warne is god

U19 12th Man
P.S:

A 21-year-old man from St Albans has been charged with one count of assault. He was released on bail after a brief appearance in the Melbourne Magistrate's Court on the condition that he give up his passport, not attend licensed premises and immediately vacate his job as a crowd controller.

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
Must admit that I am not really a huge fan of Hookes but do like his work on "Inside Cricket" which is on Fox Sports.

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family at this time and here's hoping he makes a speedy and full recovery.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Never used to like Hookes so much but this is shocking. I really do hope it doesnt end like this for him. :(