• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Silent Auction Draft

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Yeh, apologies. I did say 13 way back yonder, but said 12 would be the last a few pages back. My bad.

No damage done though. Everyone can re-send their picks for Rd 12 if they want/need to.

I will run 13 rounds because that's what I originally said.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Hey monk can you please just reduce my bids by 200, 000 for the players above 200k but just keep the others as is. I dont have access to that gmail account/too lazy.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'd be going:

1. Johnson (6)
2. Sidhu
3. Sangakkara
4. Kallis (4)
5. Woolley (5)
6. Manjrekar
7. Pellew
8. Lilley
9. A Quick (2)
10. Finn (3)
11. Alderman (1)

Unless you're really confident on grabbing Warner for your remaining budget, that is.
Is the other opener Nip Pellew? I'd switch him with Manjrekar in the order. Not a bad side. If Neil Johnson is opening the bowling I'd prob try to get a bowler this round and bench either Hinds or Johnson. I like that you've got Hinds batting above Kallis though. I'd prob keep him in the line up just for that. I know you like Terry at 10 but I'd never have him batting above 11 unless you somehow manage to get Bruce Reid.
Now I feel bad. I was just playing mind games with the makeup of my xi to hide who I was after. Hinds wont make my team and there is no way Neil Johnson is opening the attack. Im definitely going a bowler this round and probably aim for an opener next round. My lineup is similar to dans.

Red

Because of the R12/13 stuff, I'll wait til tomorrow night before posting R12 stuff. If anyone wants to re-vote considering there is a 13th Rd, please do so before then.

- There will be a 13th Rd.

Red

Can't tonight. Only got the iPad and it's too hard on the iPad. I will tomorrow morning.

Sorry for the hold up.

Red

R 12 Results

kyear - Dave Warner - $2,200,000.

weeman - Chaminda Vaas - $400,000

Dan - Colin McCool — $1

Samuel Vimes - Courtney Walsh - $2,650,000

morgieb - Polly Umrigar - $700,000

nufan - Mike Procter - $1,991,204

ohno - Bob Willis $395,999

Cammo - Brian Statham $22,011

Last edited:

Red

Rd 13 players

Doug Ring
Andrew Symonds
Reon King
Sunil Gavaskar
JP Duminy
Geoff Lawson
Bobby Peel
Matthew Hoggard
Jack Hobbs
Dale Steyn
David Williams
Sikander Bakht

ohnoitsyou

International Regular
Oh yeah. Willis and Slyvers with Flintoff at first change. Now thats an intimidating battery of quicks.

Red

One thing that is noticeable in this draft is that there aren't many mediocre test cricketers who have player 10+ tests.

There are a few plodders among them, but basically if you've played 10 tests (which is 2 or 3 series) for your country, you're a decent cricketer.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Keen to see who gets Mike Procter.
Hi Watson.

I think Walsh was the best Test Cricketer from the round 12 group, but Procter was the player that will help my side the most. With Kallis and Woolley also in my team, it means I don't mind if I end up with a batsman or bowler in this final round. Basically, I think Procter+Alderman+Finn+Kallis+Woolley is a decent enough bowling lineup, but adding a bowler like Steyn would work too.

watson

Banned
Hi Watson.

I think Walsh was the best Test Cricketer from the round 12 group, but Procter was the player that will help my side the most. With Kallis and Woolley also in my team, it means I don't mind if I end up with a batsman or bowler in this final round. Basically, I think Procter+Alderman+Finn+Kallis+Woolley is a decent enough bowling lineup, but adding a bowler like Steyn would work too.
Agreed, Walsh is the better Test cricketer objectively speaking, but Procter will always have a greater emotional impact for some reason, even as a pure bowler.

And yes, Steyn-Procter-Alderman-Kallis-Woolley would probably 'work' as an attack - to say the least.

Last edited: