Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Senanayake banned

International Debutant

Senanayake banned

Just in: Senanayake banned from bowling in international cricket after testing finds his action to be illegal

https://twitter.com/ESPNcricinfo/sta...60664867356672

Credit to the umpires, a big call but the right one. Hardly a surprise to anyone who has watched the bloke and puts pay to some rather embarrassing conspiracy theory type thinking.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    We bring you these scenes from Ely, Cambridgeshire

BoyBrumby likes this.

Hopefully the positive we get out of this is more faith in the current testing and less calling out of people who have actually undergone testing and were cleared.
    Isnít it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? Ė Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    The reason people don't cheer for India is nothing to do with them being number one

It's because Teja is a ****, FTR

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    Hopefully the positive we get out of this is more faith in the current testing and less calling out of people who have actually undergone testing and were cleared.
    Yeah, agreed. Also hope this puts pay to the idea that voluntary getting yourself tested (thats a weird sentence to write on a cricket forum) doesn't mean very much. So much less scrutiny obviously compared to an official one.

Gee - all four delivery types exceeded the limit, interesting given the SL camp reckoned his action hadn't changed since he was cleared in 2011 - clearly not.

Big dent to our ODI plans going forward, particularly with the WC in mind, he's been our best LO spinner for the last year by some distance, good to see that testing works though
    There are two colours in my head

Quote Originally Posted by 91Jmay View Post
    Yeah, agreed. Also hope this puts pay to the idea that voluntary getting yourself tested (thats a weird sentence to write on a cricket forum) doesn't mean very much. So much less scrutiny obviously compared to an official one.
    He was tested after complaints by umpires though, and why would it not mean much? The tests are the same are they not?

Wow, was not expecting that at all.. does this mean his career is over?

Quote Originally Posted by viriya View Post
    Wow, was not expecting that at all.. does this mean his career is over?
    Nah, he'll do some remedial work and will get re-tested again and will probably be back in the side within a year, might not have all his variations and might not be as effective though

International Debutant
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    He was tested after complaints by umpires though, and why would it not mean much? The tests are the same are they not?
    We were regularly told that he was tested voluntarily numerous times though and had passed? How is that the case if his action hasn't changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximas View Post
    Nah, he'll do some remedial work and will get re-tested again and will probably be back in the side within a year, might not have all his variations and might not be as effective though
    Any precedent to that? Can't recall anyone having all their deliveries deemed illegal..
    cricrate - the home of cricket ratings

Quote Originally Posted by 91Jmay View Post
    We were regularly told that he was tested voluntarily numerous times though and had passed? How is that the case if his action hasn't changed?
    To my knowledge he was tested once in 2011 after complaints by umpires during an 'A' tour of England, he went back and did some remedial work and then got himself tested in Perth at the request of SLC (before he played any international cricket), I assume his action has simply deteriorated over that time. Certainly plausible - same thing presumably happened to Shillingford
    Last edited by Maximas; 12-07-2014 at 08:48 AM.
    Beamer likes this.

Any precedent to that? Can't recall anyone having all their deliveries deemed illegal..
    No but he's been cleared before in testing and had everybody at SLC convinced that his action hadn't changed so I don't see why it's impossible - not that I can think of an example of someone else who's done it though tbh

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Isn't Shillingford allowed back but not to bowl his doosra, presume that is what Maximas means as Shillingford looks rubbish now without it.

International Debutant Viscount Tom's Avatar
    Migara to come in and shout its a conspiracy.
    jonbrooks likes this.
    AT-XI
    #J.Hobbs; #L.Hutton; #D.Bradman; #V.Richards; #G.Sobers; #A.Border; #A.Gilchrist; #K.Miller; #I.Khan; #S.Warne; #M.Marshall;

Quote Originally Posted by Teja. View Post
    He has been cleared before, and it was always a joke. Not sure why people won't be calling out filthy actions now, if they are indeed filthy actions.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information