• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SR=Strike Rate, SS=?

Token

School Boy/Girl Captain
The other night I was watching New Zealand playing Pakistan and when the batsmans stats for the game so far were brought up it had all the usuals, runs scored, balls faced etc. but beside 'SR' or strike rate there was 'SS' which I am unfamiliar with. The SR was around 70 odd while the SS was around 30 and it just really confused, can anybody who has seen this enlighten me?

Sudeep

International Captain
Never really gave it a notice... But... could very well be "Scoring Shots"... Not sure though.

Token

School Boy/Girl Captain
That would most probably be the one thank you very much. Oh does this stat show on any other country's/television networks analysis?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
SuperSport do in South Africa, and a damn good thing it is too.
Why no other stations do it I haven't the faintest.

anzac

International Debutant
the Aussies usually do when they do their wagon wheel analysis of a batsman's innings..........

Rich2001

International Captain
Richard said:
SuperSport do in South Africa, and a damn good thing it is too.
Why no other stations do it I haven't the faintest.

Originally posted by anzac
the Aussies usually do when they do their wagon wheel analysis of a batsman's innings..........
I was about to say Rich that alot of counties do show it, but they normally show it as 50 x Dots, 23 x 1's, 12 x 2's, 1 x 3's, 6 x 4's and 1 x 6's not as a overall total number.

Or as Anzac said I know the Australian coverage has a very detailed breakdown on their wagon wheel.

Mingster

State Regular
Rich2001 said:
I was about to say Rich that alot of counties do show it, but they normally show it as 50 x Dots, 23 x 1's, 12 x 2's, 1 x 3's, 6 x 4's and 1 x 6's not as a overall total number.

Or as Anzac said I know the Australian coverage has a very detailed breakdown on their wagon wheel.

The Aussies now have the 'Sky Virtual' thing NZ Sky Sport has. Quite handy.

And pretty hilarious when you see a litte character hitting 6's and 4's!

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Very true, I was, in my typical one-dimensional way, thinking of just the standard batting datasheet (runs, balls, mins, fours, sixes etc.).
The C9 wagonwheel contains it and I'm sure I've seen it elsewhere too.