• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New FTP

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not sure why Pakistan only play one Test series against South Africa though, or only 2-Test series for their home series against India.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah OK, cheers. FFS Max you can't start a thread like this with out links
I can, I have already done so, and will continue to do so :p

but tbh I thought with all the articles coming out the draft was either already available or coming very soon, and given I'd seen Sri Lanka's article I of course was happy enough to go and start a thread, the general trend looks promising enough to begin discussing I figure

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
It's interesting that New Zealand were originally supposed to be touring SRL next year, and are now hosting them instead. That presumably means that one of New Zealand's home series listed on the current FTP for 2015/16 (Pakistan and Australia) has been scrapped.

smash84

The Tiger King
Pakistan play 75 tests over a 9 year period. That doesn't sound like much (given that tests with India are very iffy so that makes it 65 tests over 9 years). We play South Africa just once in a 3 test series in a 3 test series in the next 9 years? :blink:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pakistan play 75 tests over a 9 year period. That doesn't sound like much (given that tests with India are very iffy so that makes it 65 tests over 9 years). We play South Africa just once in a 3 test series in a 3 test series in the next 9 years? :blink:
"The Big Four" plan didn't work out for you guys, though we don't know exactly how many tests everyone has right now. Or do we? Bangladesh, as I noted earlier, is getting 64 tests (too high IMO).

smash84

The Tiger King
The big 4 was just a bit of a joke from this crony pcb chief to save face in public. But 65 tests is very low and 64 tests for Bangladesh is too high. Who is going to sit through those 64 tests?

smash84

The Tiger King
I don't think Shakib is so much of a crowd puller that he would offset the combined ****eness of the other 10 bangers

harsh.ag

While more tests is always a good thing, if Bangladesh and NZ/Pak get the same number, that would be weird.

Blocky

Banned
I also remember reading somewhere that India will be looking to play only 2-test series v NZ, though I can't find the article, and I'm not sure whether that applies to both home and away series.

Ah, here we are:

India Cricket News: More Tests for India in the next cycle | ESPN Cricinfo
That article is poorly written, the way I read it - it means that they'll have two test series against New Zealand, without disclosing the length of those series - versus say the top where it says Four Test series with Five tests each for England

Howsie

International Captain
Anyone remember the last time New Zealand played an ODI series (or were apart of one) in Australia? I'm thinking the beginning of 2009.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricket: Straight bat played to Future Tours scuttlebutt | Otago Daily Times Online News : Otago, South Island, New Zealand & International News

NZC chief executive David White won't reveal New Zealand's plans, however, he is adamant when all is revealed the country's fans will be pleased.

White said there will be more tests for New Zealand in the reworked FTP and more in the home summers.

"There's a significant increase in content for New Zealand, which includes the major countries, at home," White said.

White said although there are no increases in the length of home test series to four, there is the chance of three countries touring New Zealand in a summer, rather than the usual two.

Another prospect is two three-test tours, instead of the more usual five home tests over a summer.

NZC intend sticking to the FTP release date of October.

"It would be premature for us to announce those until the agreements are signed and I don't want to get into detail of confirming the accuracy of these reports," White said.

There have been no details on the plans of the big three. However, among the information released from other countries, Sri Lanka are listed to play three series in New Zealand in five seasons, starting next summer, while Pakistan have claimed to be playing New Zealand in 10 tests, 18 ODIs and 8 T20s in the FTP period.

Lowly Bangladesh claim to be hosting New Zealand three times while making four visits here between 2016-17 and 2022-23.

harsh.ag

As far as I can tell, these guys know what they are doing, and what they know is pretty sweet as far as the future of cricket is concerned :)