• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Deep philosophical question: Is Aaron Finch actually good?

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
On one hand, against weak opposition on flat pitches he can be as destructive as anybody in the history of the game.

On the other hand, he has never done anything particularly note-worthy in the longer form when it has mattered.

I don't know what to feel :wacko:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
There's a couple of technical issues he needs to rectify, then he'll start making big FC runs then test runs. Test regular by 2016 and averaging 40 plus.

uvelocity

International Coach
is a member of the illustrious bird name cricketers club, boasting such flyers as robin smith, graeme swann, martin crowe and of course jackson bird

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When he was batting with Tendulkar yesterday I couldn't tell the two apart.

Burgey

Doesn't Finch average about 10 in Shield cricket? The bloke clearly had an eye like a dead Jewy, but he's just a walking wicket against he new rock in FC games I've seen. He's so bottom-hand dominant and doesn't really move his feet at all. It would need a pretty major reconstruction of his game for him to succeed in long form cricket, and tbf to him, I don't know how keen you'd be to do that when you can take in big bikkies playing short form cricket anyway.

Also, if Burgeinho stayed leg side of the ball to spinners as often as Arun does, I would box his ears. My eyes bleed watching him do it.

Burgey

Yeah it ****s me no end how he gets balls on middle and leg which he could turn easily to the on side but for some reason moves to leg and tries to cut the ball, most often for no more than a single while exposing his stumps the way he does. It seems a high risk approach which negates a whole side of the field as a scoring zone. It's just something which ****s me for some reason. Probably because I spend six mnths a year telling kids if they back away I'll stand behind them in the nets with the pointy end of a stump an inch away from the middle of their back.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah it ****s me no end how he gets balls on middle and leg which he could turn easily to the on side but for some reason moves to leg and tries to cut the ball, most often for no more than a single while exposing his stumps the way he does. It seems a high risk approach which negates a whole side of the field as a scoring zone. It's just something which ****s me for some reason. Probably because I spend six mnths a year telling kids if they back away I'll stand behind them in the nets with the pointy end of a stump an inch away from the middle of their back.
This so much.